Guest viewing is limited

TKR Me and my new knees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks @Josephine, took 1000mg of tylenol along with Tramadol at 2 pm and again at 10 pm. WOW first time in months that I had a good night sleep. I did not get up at 3 am. I slept till 6 am. Today toked Tramadol with tylenol at 6 am and will again at 2pm and again at 10am. Looking forward to better days and nights.
Question will I be able to kneel on knees.
 
I am glad you had a great nights sleep! Nice to meet you! My hubby moved here from Texas....I WOULD love to live there!!
 
OK so Hawaii is my dream vacation. I am in boring small town cold Upstate NY.....
 
My dream vacation is to go to Switzerland. Dream are nice to have they give us hope. Hope you do get to visit Hawaii. I couldn't imagine NY being boring. Of course I only know what I see on TV.
 
I'm so pleased the Tylenol worked for you. Do be careful not to exceed 4,000mg per 24hrs.
Question will I be able to kneel on knees.
There are plenty of people who can and without much difficulty. However, I'd say you won't really know that until you're further on and can try it. I'm 5 years on my right knee and still can't kneel on it. It's meant that I haven't been able to clean my oven since the surgery and have just (finally) been able to locate a chap who cleans domestic ovens for a living! Apparently he restores them to showroom condition for the princely sum of £50! I can't wait!
 
sounds great, I have a hard time loading the dishwasher. Haven't cleaned the oven since July.
 
Today, I took my dog along with me on walk. Husband also walks with me. Taz (Jack Russel mixed Terrier), he was great and walked nicely beside me for 30 minutes at slow pace. Had a little female growl at him and he stayed next to me quietly. He will be enjoying more walks.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Me and my new knees
    Family #1 025.JPG
    21.3 KB · Views: 128
Hi @I'm so ready I just spotted your post on karringtyns thread. I hope you don't mind me popping in. I just saw the picture of your dog. He really is a lovely looking dog. I've never seen a Jack RussellxTerrier. It's a lovely combination. What's his temperament like? My daughter used to have Jack Russell x I loved her x love Nana moon 27 x
 
@Nana moon 27, He is pretty sweet most of time. I have to watch him with kids. I don't let kids pet. I have to see how he reacts to them. Sometimes great other times he will growl an not want to be bothered. The vet had to get a specimen from him at a young age and he came completely unglued and tried to bite him, so they have a bite warning on him. He has never bitten anyone.
 
My daughters Jack Russell was temperamental at times but in general very sweet. Not good with outsiders children but lovely with her own family. A nasty old man round the corner was poisoning cats using anti freeze. My daughters dog jumped over the fences and you can guess the rest. The man was arrested etc but it didn't bring back my daughters dog obviously. He got fined. I said he should have been locked up the way the dog suffered til they got her to the vet. She had to be put to sleep. The kids were heartbroken needless to say. They now have a very small Staffordshire bull terrier and she is a fantastic dog. They nearly lost her last year because she had a uterine infection that had spread. Luckily she was saved by a doggy hysterectomy. She is absolutely fine now. Sorry for rambling. I love dogs x x x
 
@Nana moon 27 , Sometimes I wonder if there punishment should be what they gave to our beloved fur friends. Sorry about her lost. Our big boy is not good with outsiders, he is very protective of grand-daughter who is confined to a wheelchair. This is her dog Buddy also a mixed breed. Lab, Boxer, and Collie. We have to put him is a closed bedroom when we have company. Both dogs are good together.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Me and my new knees
    Family #1 011.JPG
    125.1 KB · Views: 177
Oh Pat he is sooooo gorgeous. Lab,boxer and collie what a combination! You have boisterous, laid back and obedient mixed in. He's a fine looking dog wow and it's nice he gets on with the other one x x x my eldest daughters Boxer died while I was in hospital, of a tumour and old age. She was 13 which is good for a Boxer apparently. She was my daughters 2nd child. So the loss hit her really hard. I sobbed when I found out but not in front of her. She was upset for the world. She's got her ashes and my 18 yr old grandson (who is on my avatar pic with me)got his friend to make a beautiful box for it with her name on.

My daughter is now only just coming to terms with the loss but she says she misses her every single day. I miss her too because she used to come to our house on a Saturday with all the grand kids!! She thought she was one of them!!! She even used to sit on the furniture with them!

Anyway it's nearly 4 am. My insomnia is a nightmare, so I'd best try and get a bit of rest now. Chat to you soon. If you click on my link at the bottom where it says woohoo etc you can have a read of my post. It's not been easy any of this. This is why I feel for Karringtyn x x x

Catch you later love Ann x
 
@Nana moon 27 , I am hurting a little. My kitty pounced on left knee while I was napping. It has been quite sore for the last couple of days. I know it is ok. I can pedal on stationary bike without a lot of pain, but hurts when I walk or do exercise routine. I will have to back up and go slower and get it working. Hope you are doing well. You know you are going to be teased about that tiny :heehee:foot stool. I have too watch out for the cat. He lays wherever he likes.
 
Hi @I'm so ready, It must be something going on about animals getting their owners today lol ! Dogloverx3 was just telling me in her thread that her dogs have whipped her legs with their tails, one bumped into the front of her knee and one bumped into the back of her knee while she was trying to pack!!!! Your kitty pounced on your left knee and my mom phoned to say she's had a fall but she's ok, my dad's there, and the cats are being very demanding! Whatever next?

I hope this is just a temporary glitch with your knee and that it settles back down really soon x x x

And yes I haven't heard the last about the size of that blooming footstool..honestly. It's too silly for words!!!!
I think it's a good job I don't have a cat if I can fall over that great thing!:kittykiss:

Lord knows what Freddy the Frenchman (my PT) will say tomorrow afternoon !!!

Take care Pat chat to you soon.

Love Nana moon 27 x x x
 
Daughter bought a new recliner. :happydance: It was delivered yesterday. Without thinking I straightened it using my knees. :shocked: So my knees are hurting now. :yikes: I am independent and impatient when things need to be done. :shrug: I get tired asking so I will do it myself. :SUNsmile: Need to think first and to be careful.:no-fin::no-fin: Recliner is very nice, but it is hard to get foot section down. :hairpulling: It will get better after it gets broken in. Oh so comfortable. Daughter was so tired when she got home and slept in recliner for 2 hours. :heehee: I went to bed and left her sleeping in recliner.
 
Tomorrow it will be 7 months since my surgery on right knee and almost 4 months on left. I am able to do alot more than I have for some time. My problem is I get tired of asking for help that I will go and do things myself then I pay for in pain. Today It has been raining all day so I washed everyone's clothes and all the towels. (5 full loads). The kitchen floor looked so dirty, I scrubbed it with a long handled brush. Paying for it now. The doctor said the only way to know if I am ready is to do something was to try. I am sure he did not mean the whole day of doing stupid things that could have been done over several days. I did not walk or use stationary bike today . I really need to be more patience. I need to find some ointment that will help the nerve and muscle pain in legs. My primary care doctor is talking about me seeing a neurologist. I have been on Lyrica for 3 months and still have some nerve pain. Will go slow tomorrow, no house work.
 
The old ODIC rears its ugly head again. :heehee:
 
Didn't know I could jump that fast out of recliner. Husband blew up microwave oven. Heard husbands screams and jumped out of recliner. I was sleeping about 10 feet away. I yelled, turn it off. He yelled I don't know how and opened door from microwave and filled the whole place with smoke fumes. I have fans going to get all smoke out of house. How bad are the fumes.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom