TKR Marguette’s Full Recovery

Hi Marguette,
Doing PT in the pool is a tremendous tool to recuperation.
Most my rehab was and is continuing in the pool. It has helped tremendously.
Wish you well.
 
@Marguette,
Very little swelling—hurrah!
Have you talked to your surgeon about it?
When our legs are swollen it’s hard to know what’s what and if they give off weird sensations we wonder...but your description sounds like you’ve been monitoring it and see it as different. I’d check with my doctor for peace of mind.
 
I tried sending a couple of pics but not sure if I was successful.

unlike normal swelling that increases and decreases with activity. ice, elevation etc, this remains constant, which is why it strikes me as odd.
 
thanks for the link. I seem to be unable to get there. There are a lot of functions in this site that do not load. I haven't been able to find the section with the photo upload. My profile section does not load and all the library and info sections do not load. The forum is hit or miss. I have been able to send photos by hitting the diagonal arrow in the thread box. Pic was sent but don't know if it was successful or not.
 
How are you coming to Bonesmart, via an app or the internet?

I use the internet function on my phone and I have don’t have any problems. If you are using an app, try the internet instead.
 
So here I am on the internet. I keep getting error msgs when I try to upload the pics.
 
Pictures usually have to be resized smaller to be able to post. The easiest way I do that is to email the picture to myself while on my phone.

Before I am able to send the email it asks me what size I want the photo to be. I pick medium.

When I open the email I save the smaller picture.

Then use that smaller one to upload here on Bonesmart.
 
I had little success with the application, too, so I just type in Bonesmart.org on the address bar. It works a lot better for me. Jockette explained it well.
 
I don't know how visible this is but the area identified with my fingers seems to be always swollen and does not improve with rest, elevation and ice. This is at 12.5 wks. The rest of the leg has very little external swelling.

[Bonesmart.org] Marguette’s Full Recovery


[Bonesmart.org] Marguette’s Full Recovery


[Bonesmart.org] Marguette’s Full Recovery
 
Hooray! You did it! The photos posted OK. :yes!: :yay:

Yes, that area does look swollen still, but it's still only 3 months since your surgery. It could well go down, given more time.
I have very little swelling except for this one area, on the inside and to the back of my knee, above the bend. It looks like a large growth on the side of my leg. It makes my leg feel deformed, in contrast to other surrounding area which has little swelling. It's an area the size of a large tomatoes.
@Josephine , please will you look at Marguette's photos and comment on them, given her above concern?
 
I agree with Celle - too soon to be worrying about it.

I'd really like to offer you some structured advice but in order to do that, I also need to ask you some questions. Are you willing for me to do that?
 
A new milestone to celebrate... At 12.5 weeks, I was able to walk around the block (about 400 steps/5 min.) without my cane and with very mittle limping. Yeah!
 
Awesome!:happydance:

I have a cul de sac almost across the street from me, so that was an easy walk. When I started to take walks my husband would be on the front porch watching me like a hawk.

One day when he wasn’t home I felt like taking that walk. So I went. One of the neighborhood cats came to see me and you know how cats are. It started to walk with me, zigzagging. I thought, don’t trip me or I’ll nevet be allowed out by myself again! :rotfl: Thankfully it didn’t and soon lost interest in me!
 
:loll:cats are funny that way. I've been doing this short walk since week two and sometimes can do more but this was the first time going anywhere without the cane. This walk is the path I take with my dog Cleo. She doesn't like to go too far cause she's a pug and doesn't like the heat.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom