Guest viewing is limited

TKR Manipulation

BTW, Scheduling my MUA on Thursday with my OS.
 
I've heard of people warming up their knee before doing any physical therapy - that is, after the initial recovery period of, say, 6 weeks. Ice is the thing to turn to for swelling. It doesn't hurt to experiment, see what works for you.

When my knee was limited by adhesions after my original TKR, it was quite swollen. I've now had a revision and already going from moderate to mild swelling, which never happened with the original TKR.
 
I found icing made my knee ache. I couldn't bear it. Before you say it - of course I didn't put it directly onto my skin!
 
When my leg is elevated as for icing, could I apply heat instead?
Absolutely not! It's probable that your knee is not protected enough. The cold needs to be comfortable not UNcomfortable! But the last thing you need to do is apply heat. That will make your swelling and pain worse!
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom