TKR LuluArchie recovery 2nd TKR

It sounds like having experience is helping this recovery. You've got this!
 
I was just thinking about my knee and it feels like I have a tight band on my knew knee. It doesn’t feel terrible just very different. Also my heal is very numb on the operated leg. I can feel my toes on that foot but not my heal. Any ideas?
Best wishes x
 
Both reactions are normal. The tight band feeling is swelling, both outside and inside. You will be getting numb areas and pains here and there for the next few months. Are you elevating toes above nose, and icing? That should help.
 
Hi @LuluArchie. Congrats on the new knee and great recovery. I’ve been reading about the ConforMIS knee. Sounds like the recovery is much faster. I’m curious if my insurance will cover it. I’m definitely contemplating it for my left knee. Less invasive sounds good to me.
 
Well I can report that the right hand feeling has gone. I am so glad because that was so uncomfortable. I do have a numb feeling on my operated leg on the heal! I'm hoping that over time it will come bac k.

I had my staples out on Monday,oh what a relief! They were pulling the skin so badly. I have iced my knee religiously since coming out of hospital. I now have a very bruised knee. This happened last time on the second week post op.

Otherwise I am doing great. I am sleeping okay. I am taking Co-codamol for pain and 2 Naproxen a day . I have a house so I excercise by going up and down my stairs. Apart from the pain , I can feel that my leg is so firm and it feels very secure. I am very happy with the outcome ,and when all the healing has taken place, my new legs will give me back my life.
 
Back
Top Bottom