Guest viewing is limited

LTKR scheduled for October 8th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck on your surgeries ladies. I will see you on the other side. You all will do great!! God bless you all!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Good Luck tomorrow! I had my LTKR almost 8 months ago and it is the best thing I ever did!! I doubted that for the first few months but hanging in there, take you meds and ice and elevate ALL the time!
 
@Clipless

That is Colorado. That is actually a photo of a friend of mine that lives there. I think that was from a race at the Old Pueblo Race course from quite few years ago. I can't wait to get back on the bike but I may have to wait a few weeks to do that, lol
 
While you are in a recliner, perform calf pumps. Flexing your ankles back and forth, and put some force into the motion both ways. The problem is gravity. There are still fluids coming from the bones and circulatory system. It all goes down to your ankles and feet. I always suggest 1000 calf pumps a day, meaning as often as possible.
David
 
@kneesrus (or anyone), how soon after surgery can we start doing calf pumps? Like, as soon as awake, or wait a day? I plan to ask my OS or his PA on my surgery day, but I'll probably forget.
 
In recovery if you would want. You want to use your muscles to squeeze the drainage from your knee. The more quad sets (tightening your thigh) and calf pumps you perform , will assist in keeping your swelling down.
Good Luck,
David
 
I'm just six days out and was doing them from the first day post op. Also gentle lunges and 'bike riding' in the hydro pool!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom