Jo Wo
senior
- Joined
- Feb 28, 2021
- Messages
- 411
- Age
- 69
- Location
- Long Island NY USA
- Gender
- Female
- Country
United States
thanks @Flutter. feeling a bit of impatience, would like to be more active soon. Glad to hear you are doing well!
United States
United StatesHi JoDAY23. my last in home pt is today, on monday I start outpatient. my biggest complaint is the medial pain at the back of my knee. my ice cuffs don't go all the way around, so I tucked a small gel pack in this morning. also the pain is searing when I walk with the compression stocking on, so I just switched to a compression knee high for the final week of wearing these. I had a dvt scare during my years of heavy business travel that turned out not to be a dvt, so I have some graduated compression knee highs on hand.
United States
United States
. They do sell special boards for heel slides which you can use either on your bed or while sitting in a chair. Glad your pain is resolving.
United States
United States
United States
United States
United Statesthanks @Sisterpat. She loosened my leg up with some massage, and got me to 112/0. then I did the bike, the mini stairs and walked without my cane for her.My evaluation was about an hour but the therapist was a yakker, and running his mouth off in between things, so maybe a straight eval would be 30-45 minutes. They say to elevate twice as long as you are up and around.
Good luck with PT.
United StatesDAY25: the good news:
I am sleeping better.
The hamstring pain is resolved.
The burning pain is pretty much gone.
I was able to sit and work on some quilt blocks yesterday, then iced and elevated.
I am able to cook most nights unless it involves moving anything heavy from the stove or oven to the counter.
I did my bike, my pt exercises except sit to stand, easily on my own yesterday. I also did 5 step ups on the bottom stair of the staircase. Early last week the home pt had me do 15, then up a full flight on alternating legs but that set me back a few days so I am going to approach that slowly.
I am a bit frustrated that my rom is at a plateau, but I felt like it was easier getting in and out of the car this week, and I only just started pedalling the bike yesterday to loosen it.
I do my heel slides on my bed which has a soft mattress topper, would rather do them on a hard surface, like a yoga mat on the floor. How does one get down to the floor and more importantly, get back up?
United StatesAt least 45-60 minutes per session, several times per day. The 30 minute sessions target healing an injury. Longer sessions address trauma.How long should your elevation sessions be?
United States