ConforMIS
Lounge Doctor

TKR Loosening of implant.

sistersinhim

Country
United States United States
Thank you for reposting your photo. It looks like it's healing well.

Jockette

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
I wonder if my patella button is loose, though I’m not in a lot of actual pain.

It makes sense that it wouldn’t show on an X-ray, as plastic won’t, and as far as I know, patella buttons are plastic.

Josephine once said that they used to put a thin gold wire around the button so that would show on an X-ray, indicating the button was there. I don’t know if they still use gold, but I can definitely see an oval line on my patella on my X-ray.

In my 2+ years on Bonesmart you are the first member I’ve come across with this issue.

Jockette

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
If you enlarge my profile picture you can clearly see the outline around my patella button, though not the button itself.

OP
OP
B

bookread

Country
On the CT scan, it clearly showed a gap between my patella and the plastic button. The thing I’m most upset about is the lousy job the first surgeon did. The patella button was too small, so bone was protruding over the button causing an impingement. However, that wasn’t the only problem: the other plastic component on my tibia was too small also, and my knee was not aligned correctly. The second surgery was performed properly. The patella button was enlarged, the other plastic component was enlarged, and there was a post placed between my femur and tibia components. I cannot tell you how wonderful it is to finally have that excruciating pain over with.
I don’t know how to look at your profile picture, sorry.

Jockette

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
I’m so glad your knee is fixed correctly now and so sorry about the first one.

Cementless

senior
Country
@bookread, I am having a CT scan of my Left knee on Dec. 18th. Do I need to have contrast with this scan or is without fine? If I have it with contrast, they want me to fast 4 hrs. before.....I don't want to do that!

Cementless

senior
Country
@ Jockette, I don't think so. I didn't ask. I believe it is iodine they inject via IV. My internist ask me if I want contrast and I said, why not!

I just found out I have to drink something plus get something thru an IV. They said I would have to fast even if it was without contrast! :nah: :gaah::bawl:

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bookread

Country
I had my CT scan done without contrast.

Cementless

senior
Country
@bookread, did you have to fast for 4 hrs prior to the CT scan? Did you have to drink any prep?

OP
OP
B

bookread

Country
No. Since I did not have any contrast, I did not have to fast or drink anything.

OP
OP
B

bookread

Country
Update:
It’s been 6 months now since my knee revision and ..... I ran down the hallway at school today. I actually ran! No pain!!
Mind you, I didn’t sprint all out, but .... I ran! First time ever in about two years. I was ecstatic! Yahoo!
Now, I need to gather up my courage to see if I can go down steps without pain. I will try that tomorrow.

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
n9uib1967
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom