PKR Loose implant!

Thanks for the speedy reply and for the merge! Sorry about that! Guess I'm in for an encore performance! Ughh
 
I too had loose implants twice on my right knee. First was a Cementless TKR that is know to have that risk (although I didn’t know that at the time) and was done within a month. Second was finally diagnosed after years and was due to a Nickel allergy. This one I had to wait 8 months for a custom Titanium top component to match the lower lower component (the first reserved one was given to someone else so then I had to wait for another one to be made). The top was stainless steel that has Nickel. Good luck. Make sure you understand why it’s loose. Should be confirmed with a bone scan.
 
I had a 3 phase nuclear bone scan and it showed loosening. Can there be any amount of loosening that may not require revision surgery?
 
Which partial do you have in each knee, medial, Patellofemoral, or lateral? We’d like to add that information to your signature.
 
Update!
So after being diagnosed with CRPS by my OD, he sent me to a pain mgmt Doc for a ganglion nerve block. She sent me for a 3 phase bone scan. Bone scan showed concern for loosening and I was sent back to my OD.

He told me that the 3 phase bone scan will always show this within the first year of surgery. He took another xray, did not see loosening and now I'm back to the nerve block that was cancelled by the pain Dr because of loosening! Back to square one! So just letting you all know a 3 phase bone scan is not always accurate when looking for loosening!

If the nerve block does not work then I may get a TKR.
Dr saw a small area that he doubts is loosening but can't be 100%. Ughhhh
 
Unlike xrays and MRI/CT scans, a bone scan will only show flares connected with abherent activity which could be connected with almost anything but mostly shows evidence of infection or loosening.
 
Back
Top Bottom