Revision TKR Limited ROM left knee and journey of the right knee

@Josephine I just realised that my signature has been edited (obviously to follow the website's style). However, there are one or two typos which I wanted to correct but on saving, I keep getting an error message saying "I do not have permission...." Is this indeed the case?

Also, I haven't heard back from you since I posted my answers to your questions - just wondering if you've had a chance to look at these yet; hopefully I am on the right track? Many thanks!

If you tell us which typos you'd like corrected, we'll do it for you. Your signature reads all right to me, so perhaps we've misinterpreted something?

If you tell us which typos you'd like corrected, we'll do it for you. Your signature reads all right to me, so perhaps we've misinterpreted something?

Though minor, these are the corrections to be made:

- Please insert my name - Janet - as the first line, so folks who choose to call me by name can do so.
- Then, there is a ")" which needs to be deleted after TKR in the first line
- Third line – there should be a space after May15, to read May 15
- Fifth line – there should be a space after January24 to read January 24

Just curious. Am I not able to edit these myself as I figured? Many thanks

I've altered you signature as you requested, Janet.

Yes, you could have done it, but I have also altered some of it, to our usual way of writing things. I don't know about the other staff, but that makes it easier for me to see at a glance what you have had done - I hope you don't mind.

Yes, you could have done it,
Thank you ever so much, Celle! I attempted altering it so many times, but each time I got an error message as attached:- so I felt that the powers that be had set up in such a way that I couldn't edit from my end.

BTW, I didn't set it up this way; I guess Josephine or one of the admin staff edited my version. Grateful!

Attachments

• bonesmart.jpg
    bonesmart.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 170
@jandoh I only did it once! The therapist was skeptical that it would help me since it’s been 8 months so I stopped. I get deep tissue massages and it seems to help temporarily.it does feel great though! I leave feeling looser but by morning, it’s back to normal- tight and stiff!

I will be praying for you and that we both find answers!

so I felt that the powers that be had set up in such a way that I couldn't edit from my end.

BTW, I didn't set it up this way; I guess Josephine or one of the admin staff edited my version
Not guilty!

@Jordon6 thanks for the update. Seeing my PT again today so will discuss the dry needling further - I am wanting to opt out at this stage since mine is well over 2.5 years ago now. Many thanks once again.

I thought I have had difficulty with my left knee which still refuses to bend any further than 85 degrees after almost two years since my revision surgery (and MUA). But having read the thread of @patsortho, I am lost for words, and humbled!

Update on my left knee: I saw my surgeon last Wednesday and he indeed confirmed arthrofibrosis (scar tissue) but wasn’t keen on the idea of having these removed surgically. He felt that once I had the scaring , there was always a tendency of having these come back as time wouldn’t allow me to work through them before developing again. He said the only way forward was to take out the entire implant and revise it (yet again), with no guarantee that I wouldn't develop scaring again. He further went on to recommend that I try using a Dyna splint. I have used this before when I first had my LTKR and the knee wouldn’t bend – this did nothing for me. I am now at a loss as to what to do next.

My right knee is now 12 weeks (coming this Friday) post surgery and continues to do well, albeit with some minor swelling in this knee. PT is going well, considering my history, and this knee currently has a flexion of 120 degrees with 0 extension. I get tingling and pain every now and then but nothing to write home about. Hopefully, I gain more flexion as the swelling completely resolves. PT ends next week, after which I will be managing my own knees – Keeping updated with your stories and updates will surely help me through – so so glad I found you bonesmarties - yay!

We’re glad you found us, too!

I’m sorry that one knee is not coming along. It’s amazing how all knees differ, especially on the same body.

I’m one year post op next week with a partial and not sure if I have a problem or just need more time to continue healing.

I'm sorry your left knee wants to be a problem. It's strange how two knees on one person can be so different. Praise God for that wonderful right knee!

It’s a shame your left knee hasn’t done as well as your right knee is doing. Your right knee is acing this recovery! It’s doing great. I’m going to tag @Josephine to look at your most recent post and weigh in on the options you discuss. She has expertise in orthopedics, whereas mine is in, well, having had a reasonably normal recovery.

You have such a wonderful can-do attitude. I hope there’s something to be done to help your left knee get to a better place.

It’s a shame your left knee hasn’t done as well as your right knee is doing. Your right knee is acing this recovery! It’s doing great. I’m going to tag @Josephine to look at your most recent post and weigh in on the options you discuss. She has expertise in orthopedics, whereas mine is in, well, having had a reasonably normal recovery.

You have such a wonderful can-do attitude. I hope there’s something to be done to help your left knee get to a better place.

It would be nice to get a response from Josephine; I guess she's been really busy because I haven't had much luck in hearing from her. All the same, reading up on the various topics and stories gives me hope and helps me move along. Thank you all so much - have a wonderful and blessed weekend.

I guess she's been really busy because I haven't had much luck in hearing from her.
Josephine will get to you when she can. She hasn't been very well herself this week.

Hello Bone Smarties! I pray you are all doing well. I haven't posted in a while (though I catch up on new posts every night - my new found therapy!) so thought to update you all of my progress. I am 16 weeks post right knee revision surgery today and the one thing I notice is common to us all (or at least most of us) is stiffness at this stage! Oh boy!!! All I have to do is sit or stand for an hour or more and the knees get extremely stiff with some pain. Even the left stubborn knee that won't bend and underwent an MUA on the same day of my right revision gets the same kind of stiffness;; I guess that is now a new surgery too for this knee. Of course I know not to ask any questions on this because my extensive reading on this forum tells me that "time will get rid of this stiffness".

But of significance is the fact that I have noticed my walk has changed lately; I am kind of walking 'wonky' if this is the right description for this kind of walk - like a drunkard, so to speak. When I catch myself, I am able to whisper 'heel to toe, heel to toe' and then I start walking right. But for the most part when I just get up and go, this is my new walk. Any advise and reason why this is happening? Is this due to the stiffness and me compensating? I have told myself that I need to start going out for walks (I am not one that does a ton of exercises) to strengthen muscles and walk better. But as I speak, its snowing today (in April) so this didn't happen.

I finished PT at 13 weeks and have not done any exercises on my own, apart from living my daily life - should I still be doing exercises at this stage? I do ice occasionally, that is when I have been up on my feet all day apart from when I sit and sew (I am self employed - a soft furnishings designer and also a milliner) and the right knee swells up. Apart from this occasional swelling, constant stiffness and the now 'wonky' walk, I think I am doing pretty well. I haven't measured my ROM at this stage but again, I now know that numbers are not a priority - thanks to this forum. I have a trip coming up to GA (we are moving, yay!) but I am dreading the flight (three hours plus a two hour Concorde bus drive from Portland, ME). I know to stand and stretch often, but it still scars the hell out of me.

BTW, how do I find my threads when I want to update? I spent an entire half an hour scrolling up and down trying to find myself - lol! Thanks once again for your continued support and encouragement and of course your stories! Some make me cry, some make me laugh but most of all there is a lesson in each and every story on here. Together, we can make it! Wishing you all a wonderful and blessed weekend.

Hello Admin, sorry to be a nuisance but I was trying to change my thread title to include my right knee but after reading through the “Help on this Forum” it would appear that I am one of those who don’t have the Thread Tools showing. Would it be possible to change my thread title to “Limited ROM left knee and journey of the right knee”.

BTW, how do I find my threads when I want to update? I spent an entire half an hour scrolling up and down trying to find myself - lol!

Since reading the Help notes, I now know how to find my threads and update, so please ignore the question I asked on this. Many thanks!

It’s good to hear from you!

I don’t have any answers to your questions but just wanted to say hi.
:wave:

Many things resolve themselves over time. The stiffness usually does, but I am still waiting for that to happen. :bored:

BTW, how do I find my threads when I want to update? I spent an entire half an hour scrolling up and down trying to find myself - lol!
I see you found out for yourself, but here's the "How to . . . " article, anyway, for future reference:
How can I find my threads and posts?

Hello Admin, sorry to be a nuisance but I was trying to change my thread title to include my right knee but after reading through the “Help on this Forum” it would appear that I am one of those who don’t have the Thread Tools showing. Would it be possible to change my thread title to “Limited ROM left knee and journey of the right knee”.
I've changed your thread title for you.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
kneequery