Lack of Bending the Knee - fear of non recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have taken everyone's advice & I am taking things easier & not worrying about time. I feel my knee is loosening a little, & bending a little better, but will take time. I was advised by someone who has recently had a TKR, that vaseline rubbed crosswise into the knee helps loosen the new skin underneath. Has anyone tried this. I still feel bending will be difficult until the rubber band syndrome decides to go.
 
Hi brownie,
Glad to hear you are doing better. Your friend has advised you to do friction massage. You may want to read the review of Total Knee Replacement & Rehabilitation - The Knee Owner's Manual in post #2,
https://bonesmart.org/forum/book-reviews-t1786.html?t=1786
There is an excellent description of how to do friction massage for scar tissue in Total Knee Replacement & Rehabilitation - The Knee Owner's Manual.
The book is available on Amazon, and iBooks to download, or you can purchase a hard copy from Amazon. It also has exercises for the first year.
I found I liked BioOil for my scar, I found it very soothing, and my scar looks great.
All the best,
 
Brownie, hi!! I am 6 months out and I remember well feeling like my knee was stuck at a certain point. I was very frustrated. That was when I learned that my knee was in charge!! I just did things slowly. My OS wasn't ever worried about my ROM. I measured 130' at my last PT visit @ 4 months. Now if I over do it, that feeling comes back. I ice it, rest, it goes away!!
 
Hi Bownie,

Welcome to Bone Smart. You are certainly in the right place. I don't know what I would do if I hadn't found this forum with all these caring folks and the information that's available...:console:

When I finally accepted that this is going to be a long journey I was able to relax and allow the healing to take place at it's own pace. :yay:

Take care :flowerysmile:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom