Guest viewing is limited

TKR Knee Wedge

Bouncing Back......

It's been 2 weeks since my discharge from the hospital and other than a housing situation, recovery has been a breeze.

My staples are out and I have PT in home 3 days a week. I haven't taken any kind of pain meds in 10 days but am still icing daily. I haven't gone out since discharge but we practiced getting in and out of the car today with no problems.

How's everyone else doing out there ??

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk
Wow! I had the same knee on the same day and here I am still taking either hydrocodone or 975 mg of Acetaminophen every 4 hours! Congratulations on your speedy recovery.
 
Wow! I had the same knee on the same day and here I am still taking either hydrocodone or 975 mg of Acetaminophen every 4 hours! Congratulations on your speedy recovery.
Don't worry. I think I have this weird thing with pain meds. I was a hot mess in the hospital then one day they just didn't work so I guess that was my bodys way of saying your done.

How has your recovery been?

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk
 
Slow and steady with a couple of days of back-sliding when I overdid the PT. I have a cane now which I don’t need really. I miss the walker that had a multi-pocket bag that carried ALL my stuff.
 
Slow and steady with a couple of days of back-sliding when I overdid the PT. I have a cane now which I don’t need really. I miss the walker that had a multi-pocket bag that carried ALL my stuff.
Slow and steady is good !! I'm sure you are much better than you were when you came home. And yes.....the pocket bag was fantastic !

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk
 
Please don't get that one...I bought it by mistake, it really hurt my knee...donated it to goodwill! Get the Lounge Doctor. I tried the pillows but The Lounge Doctor works better for me.

@ hempsteadjb I looked at the lounge dr. It’s so expensive. And amazon doesn’t deliver to Australia. Such a pain. I was going to get one for upcoming surgery but I’m not sure it’s worth the expense.
 
Please don't get that one...I bought it by mistake, it really hurt my knee...donated it to goodwill! Get the Lounge Doctor. I tried the pillows but The Lounge Doctor works better for me.

@Pookims I’m glad your surgery went well and it looks like your recovery is great to date. I hope mine goes just as smoothly
 
Yes, it is expensive, I can justify buying mine because I have one more knee to go . Hopefully, I can pass mine on to someone else after my next knee replacement...at 4 months I'm still using it on the days I overdo it ad have to ice from swelling.
 
Sounds like your recovery is going great @Pookims. Sometimes our bodies surprise us in good ways. Kind of nice to know you’re not a delicate flower, isn’t it? :flwrysmile:
 
Back
Top Bottom