TKR Knee replaced 6/2 ouch!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the things that totally amazed me about this surgery was that the pain in the knee area was insignificant compared to the other issues (nausea, constipation, restlessness, inability to sleep, aches in my lower legs, etc.). But trust me when I say that this all will pass. In two weeks I will be at three months post op, and the difference is amazing. I'm walking, sleeping, on minimal pain medication, and can pretty much do all the things I want to do.

It's hard to believe in the first few weeks that you will ever get to this point, but you will.

As someone who has gone through it, I don't think those of us who go bilateral are being brave. Actually, I took the wimpy way out because I knew I wouldn't have the courage to go through this again. I really admire those of you who do.
 
Squats NO WAY!!!! My pt would die if he knew you were doing squats this early, and he's tough!
The only time I squat is to pee and for that I sit. Talk to doctor to try and get pain relief. There are lots of drugs out there push him to find something that works. Have him write script for a few days only until you know if it works this way you're not paying for drugs you are throwing out
 
I just started modified squats at 4 weeks out.

I've had no gallbladder for about 8 years. I know you said you are eating bland foods but what about sugar an fat content? Also make sure you don't lay back or down for about 30 minutes after eating. I can control my reflux now through food choices and elevation. I have other issues like being near a bathroom for awhile after eating. That has been interesting with how slowly I walk to get there. Ha!
 
Las Vegas Grandmom, just wanted to add that I have also had my gallbladder out....Nexium (purple pill, right?) Never ever worked for me, not even two pills. I had to switch to Prevacid, (lansoprasole is the generic name) to get real relief. And, ask your husband to maybe pick up some regular Zantac for you, those work fast and you can take one at night to give relief! I use them when I have "breakthrough" reflux issues, which have been bad for me while on any NSAIDS, and the Zantac (ranitidine?) or even the Pepsid do a pretty darn good job of handling the problem immediately, for the short term. Once you get through this rehab and feeling pretty whole again you can take the whole stomach thing to your GI person if you feel like it, but for now you need to get a decent sleep and recovery from this surgery! Good luck!

P.S. I feel like my leg with the new knee is longer now too LOL!
 
I agree with @Wednesday! Absolutely no squats! Or any ankle weights! Especially with no pain meds! Have you tried generic Dulaudid ? I had same headache problems, but Dulaudid really truly works! It's not expensive as generic ..it would be so worth a try!
 
WOW - squats??? The idea of that terrifies me, I'm 5 1/2 weeks post op, and doing fine! I'd be saying no to that for sure - especially if you noticed how much you flared after it.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom