Guest viewing is limited

TKR Knee from hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not experienced with staples. I didn't even have stitches to be removed. You've been through so much, I'm sure you'll find a way to get through the staple hurdle. Ask your surgeon's nurse; I'm sure they'be picked up a few tips from his patients. I'd be looking away - and I think Diana's advice about pain meds makes sense, too. You might check in Bonesmart's library and see if they have any comments about staple removals.

The scar looks neat, though I can't blame you for not liking the colors surrounding it. The blisters aren't very comely either, glad to hear you say they are diminishing. It does look straight!!! :yay: :dancy:

Keep us posted. Love, prayers and as many hugs and kisses as it takes to get you through. :puppysmooze: :kittykiss:
 
Looking at your knee picture I did not have the bruising like you ,thou I did have the blisters . The blisters hurt . My dr said 25% of people get them.
 
My OS keep me occupied talking while the PA quickly and painlessly flipped out the staples. I'm a real baby when it comes to medical procedures but the staple removal was easy.
 
I was freaking out when I had to go and have my 33 staples out too !!..the nurse that did it must have thought I was pathetic ..I put both my hands over my face ! A few of them really stung and she did say if it gets too much just ask me to stop but I just wanted to get it over and done with....I nearly hypo ventilated abit but was so glad when that was over....I remember when I was in hospital and they took off my bandages etc and I say my knee and the staples for the first time...I felt sick and was so glad I was already lying down because I probably would have fainted! I kept staring at my knee and making myself feel ill thinking oh my this is MY knee ! :sick:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom