Guest viewing is limited

TKR Knee#2's Recovery Thread

Hoping everyone had a very merry Christmas! My knee continues to be stiff almost every day but to be expected. I did finally get my MRI results... unbelievably the surgeon replied they came back normal! We were both stunned and thought for sure I had a tear. I do know it still hurts but he is thinking perhaps swelling/tendinitis.. and recommending PT for few weeks.. however he is still suspect of the MRI and wants to scope it if no improvement. Which I suppose is a good idea. Any thoughts from anyone?
I've lost track of whether this is your knee or shoulder that you had the MRI on...
 
Hi.. it’s my shoulder this time.. it’s been hurting since my emergency pacemaker right after TKR. (Falling in bathroom after fainting) At times feels better but never completely healed.. whether tendinitis or who knows.. thought for sure it was torn rotator cuff..
 
I'm sorry it still hurts, but at least now you know it isn't something horrific. A strain should be relatively simple to fix with some combination of meds and more therapy. When will you get to see a doctor about next steps?
 
Hi @luvcats ! I start PT (same guy I saw for my TKR) next Friday and hoping he can help me do some exercises to improve this situation, yes if it’s like rotator cuff tendinitis it will hopefully get better. Then surgeon said if after six weeks it isn’t much better he wants to scope it :unsure: that sounds like lots fun ..:scare:How are you doing?
 
Glad nothing seems to be torn. PT may be able to do a treatment on it or show you some exercises. But like with the knee recovery, everything in moderation. :)
 
@kneeper Yes, I made appointment to see my former PT that I knew from earlier TKR and he tested me for strength and ROM which of course is limited because of the pain.. and emphasized importance of movement in shoulder so as not to freeze shoulder which I of course realized. Just didn’t want to cause further tear nor injury but now that MRI declared normal I am starting to follow PTs written exercises .. he emphasized what we all know, starting out gently and stop if painful. I plan to see him in two weeks.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom