Guest viewing is limited

THR ken325i - Left THR - August 12

Great news!
Visited my OS and PA today to let them take a look at the small opening and drainage. Conclusion -- no infection and the drainage is the result of the last opening healing inside to out. They prescribed an antibiotic to assure infection does not develop to the opening.

They also had me go through several exercises. Conclusion was -- all is fine, except for a very weak hip flexor -- when laying down, I can hardly lift my foot (I call this a leg lift). They said that men with large muscles had more issues healing the hip flexor muscle. It will heal, but just take a little longer. They also gave me a couple of exercises that are focused on the hip flexor.

So, full speed ahead as I continue recovery. Looking forward to getting these muscle issues behind me!
 
Glad to hear that no infection or other issue. You might still want to take it easy for a bit before starting more exercises. Have a peaceful evening.
 
Wonderful update, Ken!
I’ll bet you were relieved and skipped all the way out to your car after the appointment. :heehee:
What a sight that would be, lol. Thanks for sharing the good news.
@ken325i
 
Thought I would check in and give a 7 1/2 week update....... I am doing GREAT!!!
- I have minor tightness and stiffness in my upper thigh
- have been going to PT 3 x per week
- returned to the gym last Sunday after 6 months out due to hip -- circuit weights, 15 min. elliptical, 15 min. treadmill - 6 days my first week

I believe the key to my rebound has been DRY NEEDLE ACUPUNCTURE in my thigh. As shown in the previous threads, for the first 5 weeks, my thigh was KILLING me! Then, my physio said, lets try dry needle acupuncture in your thigh. He could feel the knotted thigh muscles. Long, thin needles were stuck deep into my thigh muscles, which causes the muscle to spasm, then release. After 4 needle sessions over 2 weeks, my thigh pain and knotted muscles were gone!

I have a OS appointment this Tuesday and hope to be released. I am ready to play some golf!!

Thanks to all for your prior comments, support and knowledge. I love this forum!

Ken
 
You sound wonderful. Congratulations on your return to normality. Have a great day.
 
Ken325i. Sounds like good news. Have not heard about dry needle acupuncture ,but will keep in mind if my recovery produces knotted thigh muscles. Just hope it isn’t so .
 
About 3 years ago I also had dry needle acupuncture to treat sciatica. The PT needled my glute muscles and loosened them up. Have not had sciatica since......
 
Happy Two Month Anniversary!
How are you doing? Please leave us an update as time allows, we’d love to read about your progress. I hope all is well.
A great week to you!
@ken325i
 
@Layla - I am doing great! Had my OS appt at week 8. He gave me an A+! No more PT and I can start hitting that little white ball! I have just occasional, minor aches, but they go away quickly. Strength is good -- climbing stairs with no pain, etc. 6 week appt with OS is scheduled.

Full speed ahead!
Thanks!
Ken
 
Wonderful report. Enjoy your pain free existence and the little white ball hitting.
 
A Belated Happy Three Month Anniversary, Ken!
I hope you are enjoying your new hip and maybe hitting that little white ball by now?
Enjoy the rest of November and have a great Thanksgiving! :)
@ken325i
 
Hi @ Layla! Yes! Played 36 holes Fri/Sat! I feel really good and can do most anything I want. That is not to say -- yes, there are some mild aches and pains, but with a little rest they go away. I am very pleased! I actually started playing golf at a little over 2 months (cautiously). Since then, I have been increasing my UMMPPHHH! Cant say that it helped my game, but I sure feel good trying!

Thanks for your follow-up!!
Ken
 
Happy Four Month Anniversary!
Wishing you a happy holiday season and a wonderful 2021! :xmas-wave-smiley-emoticon:
@ken325i
 
Golf is good, and am also glad I can play again pain free. As a matter of fact shot the lowest round I have had in last 12 years 67 ,4 under par as last round played in upstate NY yesterday on an unusually nice December day. Moving south for winter so hope this is not a fluke. Have a great holiday and enjoy your golf.
 
@Layla - Merry Christmas to you! and Happy New Year!

@Softtail - it feels good to play golf without any pain!! But, I must confess -- it has not helped my score yet! I am just glad to be playing!! Happy holidays!!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom