TKR Katt’s Recovery Journey

Concentrate on a good stride, heel down first, then the middle of the foot and lastly, the toes. See if that helps.

[Bonesmart.org] Katt’s Recovery Journey
 
So I went to the dr today. I have bone spurs( which I knew about) and a ganglion cyst on the top of my foot. She put me in a walking boot to try to take the pressure off the cyst and recommends ice and rest. If not better, go back in 1-2 weeks. I wonder if the surgery plays a part in this somehow. Every step is painful. My knee isn't doing too badly so as least that's a positive.
 
I'm glad you found out what is causing your pain. Hopefully, the boot will help. I had a cyst on the top of my foot, also. The doctor drained it and it never came back. I had a bone spur on my heel and the doctor filed it down in his office. I had to keep off my foot for a week and it healed up nicely. I think you'll be OK. These two things were not at the same time for me as yours are for you. I imagine you are quite uncomfortable.

Thank God your knee is behaving nicely. Whether your foot problems were caused by your knee replacement or not is probably something you'll never know for sure. I do know that a replacement makes the patient walk differently than before the surgery and pains in different places are normal. It doesn't help when you're going through it, but it is nice to know it's normal.
 
I think this is part of my healing process. I am hopeful it is a brief time. I had problems with my other foot several years ago that took months to resolve. I guess I need to rest because apparently my body (or at least my foot) needs it.
 
I'm sorry about the cyst, @Katt. I hope the boot, rest and icing help! :flwrysmile:
 
Take it s-l-o-w and easy and you'll get there. Good to hear your PT didn't argue with you, but respected your thoughts on therapy. Thanks for the update...a great week to you!
@Katt
So I know there are many examples on here of slow and steady working. Does it ever not work? My bend was a bit worse this week and I have doubt creeping in. My fibula pain is with my bending, but not with walking. Has anyone experienced pain on the side when trying to bend? I assume it is part of my healing journey because the pain isn't constant. Riding the bike is painful so I am not doing that for now. I am walking and staying active. Plus elevating and icing and using my tens unit.
Katt hello. How are things progressing with your fibula pain? I’m having similar pain which was in place prior to TKR but still exists today. Wondering what measures you’ve taken, tests, therapy, who you have seen. Thank you and hope your recovery continues to go well.
 
Take it s-l-o-w and easy and you'll get there. Good to hear your PT didn't argue with you, but respected your thoughts on therapy. Thanks for the update...a great week to you!
@Katt
So I know there are many examples on here of slow and steady working. Does it ever not work? My bend was a bit worse this week and I have doubt creeping in. My fibula pain is with my bending, but not with walking. Has anyone experienced pain on the side when trying to bend? I assume it is part of my healing journey because the pain isn't constant. Riding the bike is painful so I am not doing that for now. I am walking and staying active. Plus elevating and icing and using my tens unit.
Katt hello. How are things progressing with your fibula pain? I’m having similar pain which was in place prior to TKR but still exists today. Wondering what measures you’ve taken, tests, therapy, who you have seen. Thank you and hope your recovery continues to go well.
I still have some fibula issues, but they are slowly getting better. I did physical therapy for 3 months, but we backed way off anything painful around 2 months. I do some of my PT exercises several times/week. I feel the pulling in my fibula with certain activities-especially riding the bike. I remind myself I'm 5 months into a year long recovery so I'm trying to be patient. How long ago was your surgery?
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom