Mike_in_Pain
junior member
Today was the day I met with the orthopedic surgeon.
But first I have to tell you about my foot. A few days after I made the appointment, I started to get pain in my right foot. I went to the foot doctor and after x-Rays was told I had a stress fracture of the 5th metatarsal bone. They belive this happened because my knee is not straight and I am walking with more pressure on the outer side of my foot. So now I have to wear this big boot on my foot that comes up just under the knee. I am told 4-6 weeks until it heals. Today was two weeks of wearing the boot and I have no more foot pain.
The good news is I am scheduled for TKR on June 9th! The surgeon wants my foot healed but said it should be fine well before surgery. I go for an MRI of my knee a week from today. The surgeon said he will decide in the next week if he is going to use a Zimmer or a Medacta replacement. I don't know the difference or why he would use one over the other. I will find out next week.
If all of that isn't enough, I had a sebaceous cyst removed from the middle of my back on Monday. I'm a mess! Lol!
I am happy having a plan to move forward and get on with my life.
But first I have to tell you about my foot. A few days after I made the appointment, I started to get pain in my right foot. I went to the foot doctor and after x-Rays was told I had a stress fracture of the 5th metatarsal bone. They belive this happened because my knee is not straight and I am walking with more pressure on the outer side of my foot. So now I have to wear this big boot on my foot that comes up just under the knee. I am told 4-6 weeks until it heals. Today was two weeks of wearing the boot and I have no more foot pain.
The good news is I am scheduled for TKR on June 9th! The surgeon wants my foot healed but said it should be fine well before surgery. I go for an MRI of my knee a week from today. The surgeon said he will decide in the next week if he is going to use a Zimmer or a Medacta replacement. I don't know the difference or why he would use one over the other. I will find out next week.
If all of that isn't enough, I had a sebaceous cyst removed from the middle of my back on Monday. I'm a mess! Lol!
I am happy having a plan to move forward and get on with my life.
United States