Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR just throwin it out there<'

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont want to jinx myself but i can pretty much walk normally took another drive mainly because sick and tired of sitting in this recliner.. this happened in a matter of time after 4 days of un bearable pain.... like someone from star trek zapped me with a zapper..let ya know tm ..thanks all
 
Last edited by a moderator:
What a great turn around! Bet what did it was your diligence in elevating and icing, and not overdoing the activity. You really put the mantras to work. I'm so happy you have so much less pain! :wowspring::wowspring:
 
than ks susie i hope so because if i go back that will take the wind out my sails..but for real i told pt they took it easy and really i bave been doing things around the house and my knees are not on my mind at all......much better than 4 days ago and 100 % better than my authritic knees ever were
 
3 mornings in a row without pain!!!can this be????not tootin a horn or anything but my whole recovery has been very slow..days on end with no noticable improvements on pain and a bility to move my legs, somtimes even backwards feeling like i would never get better or be able to work..from last friday thru monday thought was goin to have to go to the emergency room pai n was unbearable..into tears..woke up on tuesday and my pain has be nominal so far even had pt yesterday and no swelling of stiffness. i am keepin my fingers crossed
 
So glad things are going better for you. I only had one knee done and it brought me down.....well to my knees! I cannot imagine what it is like having both knees done. Take it easy and increase things very slowly. As others have said, it is easy to overdo, which in the long run will make everything take longer than if you just go slow. I know how it feels when you start to feel better. But you are not Superman yet.Give it a few more months. Good job.
 
thank you all i listened to what you have told me no means am i done but for now no pain
 
thank you thank you and thank all of you so so much keep ya posted
 
is it just me i have been to my os 2 times he moved my knees been to pt 8 times have yet have anyone push me to read my so called rom but all have said have excellent movement and yet hear all theses stories of people needin mua s so pretty much out of 7 weeks the only person to check my rom was home pt first 2 weeks?????
 
That's unusual, but a relief really! Most PT's seem obsessed with ROM and the little knee protractor thingys. My OS only has me sit in chair and move foot toward chair or under chair as far as I can and then raise my leg up to as straight as I can. No measuring, he just briefly eyeballs it. You can be glad yours are not too concerned about it!
 
Hey guys, had bilateral TKR Aug 1. Hating life in this point and time as I know it. Pain unbearable. Unable to sleep. Cannot find meds to absorb pain - oxy and dilaudid. On something new today called xtampza. Doesn't seem to work at all but only been on it for 24 hours. The only thing I can do is take short walks to keep me sane. Everyone said bad idea to go bilateral TKR. Don't think I would do second knee if I only did 1 at a time. Pain is something I was not prepared for. Thank you - all your threads have been a great help

Hey rookie
You're gonna hear hang in there a lot. But that's the deal. I'm at 7 months after btkr. I'm glad I went both. It does get better. I hope your docs can get the pain management under control mate. Something I grossly underestimated for months was elevating, and I mean elevating as high above your heart as you can. I still put my butt as close to the wall as I can with legs nearly vertical. To this day it's a go to every day. The ice machine was a godsend. I recall even after gentle exercise and icing and elevation. That alone helped relieve some of the pain. As long as you're healing from the major surgery. And remember we practically had our legs cut off!! But with the healing the pain will subside. The perco'sand dilaudid did reduce the pain for me to a degree easier to handle. I hope the same for you that you can get some better relief. Don't regret the bilateral decision. Your tough enough to get through. You're at the toughest part right now. And it will be in your rear view soon. I used wounded warriors and the kids fighting cancer in the the st Jude's commercials as some inspiration. Felt I have no right to complain about going through some pain that will get my life better. Don't mean it doesn't hurt and that it's tough. It is. But hang in there. You have at least a lot of support from us that have been through it and still working through it.


Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Back
Top Bottom