Guest viewing is limited

THR Just joined<'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well obviously one day is not the the same as another day....had a good day yesterday but not today. Spent most of my time in bed but interestingly not due to excessive pain but to feeling sick and rather rubbish.

Can I ask is it normal to have the feeling of ' dead leg' below knee after THR? Wound and dressing looks fine. Calf not hot or swollen and I'm wearing elastic stocking as prescribed.
 
Has anyone found a reasonably comfortable sleeping position after THR? Six weeks on your back is not my idea of fun. I've tried pillow under legs, under knees, legs flat out, knees bent.....sleeping on one pillow, two pillows....the urge to try and lie on my side is overwhelming but haven't succumbed so far.

What's helped me is to prop myself in a position that's sort of halfway between lying down and sitting up. I have one those armrest pillows, so I use that, a few bed pillows and a couple of throw pillows to achieve ~40* incline. That helps with the lower-back pain I was getting from being flat on my back. Also makes it much easier to get up and out of bed! They have wedge-shaped pillows you can buy, but I was able to jerry-rig my own version.

Hope that helps, and :flwrysmile:Welcome to Bonesmart! There are some good folks here.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom