TKR June 14th Surgery Done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really, we get nutella too! Good luck in your recovery, sounds like you are coming along nicely. You will have ups and downs along the way. Soon more ups than downs!
 
Love it - Nutella vs Marmite LOL! :giggle:
Nutella is hazelnut/choc spread ...... very sweet. Marmite is yeast extract ..... very salty! How does a great nation survive without Marmite? This could be a whole new Thread topic!
 
My wife was having a drink outside in our gazebo. It was nice to sit outside with her. I had a splash of whiskey over ice with her. Mistake! With the pain meds I was really wiped out. I don't drink much and I sure won't be having anymore until I am off the pain meds.
 
My wife was having a drink outside in our gazebo. It was nice to sit outside with her. I had a splash of whiskey over ice with her. Mistake! With the pain meds I was really wiped out. I don't drink much and I sure won't be having anymore until I am off the pain meds.
 
Tomorrow I go see the OS to have the staples removed. Then in the afternoon go to the out patient PT. it feels good to go on to the next stage. I had some trouble yesterday with constipation but that has cleared. Pain level is good. I only used meds for PT today. Ice does wonders.

I guess I will need meds for future PT. Any questions to be sure to ask at these meetings tomorrow?

Thanks

John
 
Well, I had a bit of a set back today. When the staples were removed a short area was not healed. I have to go back tomorrow and delay PT. I hope it heals soon. I was SO looking forward to a shower but that is delayed. This is the first discouraging thing but Ii just need to be patient I guess. It is nice to have all the positive words here.
 
I hope your leg heals soon I know that was disappointing. I go Friday to have my staples removed (6-29-12), and I hope all goes well. This is truely a rollercoaster ride, but we will make it to the end in great shape.:dancy:
 
Thanks for your kind words. What happened isn't common luckily for everyone here. Best wishes on your staple removal. Where it was healed it didn't hurt at all. This is a pretty minor thing and my knee itself is doing great. Keep us posted on your story.
 
I thought I''d give an update to my progress. Things are going well at three weeks. My ROM is at 110 and flex is O. I managed to ride a stationary bike for 2 minutes today and was so happy about that. I really like to bike. I still have a lot of swelling. I drove yesterday and had no issue except getting out of the car still requires some effort since it is my right knee.

Thanks for all the advice and info here. It has really helped so much.
 
Glad to hear things are going well! I'm ten days ahead of you times two knees. I just started getting around on the bike this week. It does feel good, and feels like progress!
 
Today It is 8 weeks since RTKR. I had my last PT on Tuesday. I am doing great and am so happy. I still have some pains now and then but nothing major and expect my ROM to improve over time. I have lost weight and am so happy to be back at the gym. The advice and support has been great here. Thanks everyone!
 
Sounds like you are doing well jmps. Were you off the major pain killers to go back driving at 3 weeks?
 
I was very lucky. I needed to take Vicodin (sp?) for only a few days after I got out of the hospital. I did use it for a few more nights then stopped. Tylenol never worked for headaches for me but it does great for the knee pain. I continued with two 500mgs for PT.

The only issue I had with driving was getting out of the car. I had to have the door wide open. Getting in was much easier. I did get a Handicap placard and used it for a few weeks to help get in and out (could open the door all the way) and shorten my walk.

I am so glad to be through all that. My knee still gets stiff and I still stretch it. I use Tylenol for excerise but that is about it.
I beyond to the levels I was at on the bike and squat press at the gym prior to surgery. The plus is that I now don't have pain during or afterwards! It was excruciating before.

I guess being relatively young at 54 helped me a lot. I am overweight but was excersing all along so that helped I think. I also was blessed with a wonderful OS.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom