Bilateral THR July 6, 2017<

Hi @gaulsuerou
Congratulations for an extremely successful recovery. Enjoy the horse and motorbike rides - and don't have a fall!
Best wishes from Constanze

8 weeks bilateral THR walked barefooted on the jetty !
July 6, 2017<

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart mobile app

Thanks @Constanze
And yes @dougie216 as soon as snow falls I plan on skiing !

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

If you hurt yourself, I'm whipping your behind.
We are hooked by close successful BTHRs.
Don't screw us up.

@gaulsuerou Love the pictures - especially the gull belly and the fact you are hanging on to your DH's hand while walking along the jetty! And I will add my name to the "don't get the other bilaterals peeved" list! While it is absolutely marvelous that you are feeling and doing so well - but the fact is you are only 2 months out from having 2 MAJOR surgeries!

The song for all hipsters and kneesies and other joint replacement folks is - Simon and Garfunkel's 59th Street Bridge Song - "Slow down, you move to fast. Gotta make the morning last. Kicking down the avenue, looking for fun and feeling grooooovy".

Where in Vt are you? My brother has a home in Warren right next to Sugarbush :)

Hi @djklaugh
We live in the Northeast Kingdom... Danville! And truthfully I do not feel like I am doing anything I am not ready for. I don't know why but I was fortunate enough not to have any swelling or log leg or weakness or any lasting effects whatsoever, and being miserable for about a year before the surgery just makes me want to go go go LOL. Sugarbush is a nice area, have you ever been?

@gaulsuerou Yes ... but not in winter. I went to a school reunion several years ago (actually about 6 months after my BTHR ... my how time flies!) in Hanover, NH and stayed at my brother's place - it is gorgeous there! I grew up in New England and had grandparents and cousins in Vt (E. Middlebury and Chester). I use to ski when I was quite a bit younger .... and bro who's 68 this year still skis alot!

You continue to amaze me, I would imagine you amaze yourself!
Cute pic of you and your boyfreind walking the jetty. You look happy.
It's been great watching your phenomenal progress.
Wishing you a great end to the holiday weekend!
@gaulsuerou

Hi all... , just a quick update, I just realized that today is my four month anniversary of my BTHR. I am back to work, most days I do not think at all about this crazy invasive surgery. I still have scars, it’s funny the incisions are still healing I am sure, I catch myself massaging them and can feel them right down to the bone. They kind of itch from the inside out.In my left thigh there’s a spot that feels like I’ve been kicked by a donkey, but it does not affect the way I move or walk, I believe it is just nerves waking up. I can ride horses, jump on my mountain bike and do over 20 miles without stopping, work a 13 hour shift on my feet in a busy bar and not think about my hip replacements! I no longer do physical therapy, I just use my normal activity as that. I never take anything for pain or inflammation anymore. I need to work on crouching to the floor and standing back up, strengthening and flexing, doing more yoga. I plan on skiing this winter. Everything is pretty much back to normal. It still amazes me that there is life on the other side, I was such a hot mess presurgery physically and mentally heehee :). I am not on here as much as I was, life just got busy again but it’s good to check in and see you all still here, offering support to the newbies!

@gaulsuerou My Bilateral Bud.:cheers:
So happy for you!
I knew you were back to life but happy to hear an update.
Me too - on all you said...don't regret this life changing surgery one iota.
Sending good will and lots of hugs.:roseshwr:

Hi @gaulsuerou , and thank you for the update. I enjoyed reading it. Enjoy your skiing this coming winter and do report on here what it was like.
Best wishes from Constanze

Hi @gaulsuerou
What a wonderful update! Not surprised at all though. You were up and running from the get-go.
You've really jumped right back in and are enjoying all life has to offer. It inspiring and heartwarming.
Best wishes it only continues to get better. So, so happy for you!
Sending love and a warm hug....

Thanks everybody! Hugs to you all as well. I will try not to be gone from this wonderful site for so long next time I post :)

@gaulsuerou It is wonderful to hear you are doing so well! Yup life on 2 pain-free hips is quite marvelous isn't it :dancy:

Finally! Others who have had both hips replaced at the same time. I was beginning to feel like a unicorn!! Surgery is November 16. Excited, scared, worried...........

I can see Killington from my house. I ski cross country, maybe before the season is over. Fingers crossed!!!!!!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• CricketHip
    Staff member since June 5, 2019
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member