Guest viewing is limited

THR JoeKnows Recovery

We're here for you, we understand, we've been there.
Make today a good one! :wink:
 
"Several times I tried the @dip plan...."
Ha - @dlp - bet you never thought that is what you would be famous for... ;)
 
Got over my crankiness via napping and a shower beer. Successful bathroom trip certainly helped. My in laws have been very helpful, and my wife is a saint. My little girls are alternately concerned and uninterested, haha.

Physically it seems to be one step back, two steps forward, etc. Trending in the right direction for sure though. Pain seems to be more of the sore aching than the trauma shooting kind. Managed to stretch my quad a little very carefully, and I've found that rolling my pelvis around feels very good on all the little muscles (with the added benefit of confusing my wife, who briefly thought I was giving the saddest stip dance ever).
 
A shower beer? :beer:
Is that a shower followed by a beer, or two? :beer::beer:
Or a beer, or three, in the shower? :beer::beer::beer:
Or did beer come out of the shower head?:beer::beer::beer::beer:
@JoeKnows
 
A beer in the shower. I doubt a medical professional would recommend it, but does wonders for the psyche (shower wine is also great, just have to be a little more careful where you're splashing)
 
I remember a friend of mine who is a phlebotomist, and does blood drawing circuits to all the nursing homes said that whether her patients were having a good day or not largely was based on whether they were able to "go" or not.
After struggling with that after my surgery for several weeks, I could definitely sympathize.:sigh:
Glad all is "going" better.:dubious:
Certainly helps ones attitude!

Hope today is a Good Day!:ok:
 
Morning everyone! Feeling good this morning. Managed to sleep from about 9 to 2, got an ice pack and meds, then fell back asleep until around 5. Definitely the best night so far. Still quite stiff of course, but the log leg feeling is getting a little better (still feels like a log, maybe just a lighter one).

Haven't decided whether I want to do something productive today (e.g., responding to work emails), or just continue acting like a teenager on summer break.
 
Only day four. Even if you are up to work..don't let them know you can.:heehee:
acting like a teenager on summer break
Back in my day (oh no I do sound like my parents) this would mean running about and swimming and hanging with friends. Sadly now it means playing on devices and watching TV.
So no to olden days for now.
But that new hip is going to make this possible in the future.
I worked AND played this weekend...not possible year and a half ago :)
:ice: assume the position...and have a good day!:SUNsmile:
 
Haha even though I've had a job since I was 15, I was playing into the stereotype of teenage boys sitting around until forced to do something. I managed to finish or delegate everything time-sensitive in September, but I do have a ton of long term projects I can do without letting my clients know I'm available, haha. My partners are very supportive. Well... 2/3 of them are, and I care little for what the other 1/3 thinks.

Hmm... I used to race RC cars as a kid, maybe I'll order a kit and build one for me... I mean for my daughters to play with instead.
 
That'd be so much fun.
One big enough to send in to the children to attach snack or ice bag on top of...truck maybe!
 
Good point! My 4yo is so helpful already, she loves bringing me my ice pack and always fluffs the pillows under my leg. My 1yo, on the other hand, just wants to play with my grabber.

On an unrelated note, this is the first day my incision has itched. Well, not actually sure if it's the incision or the tape around it. Getting a little red, but not like concerning infection red (I hope).

The dressing doesn't come off until 9/20, can't wait to see what it looks like. Surprisingly little bruising too. I wonder how different recovery would be without the femur fracture, which caused the doc to expand the incision to band the bone.
 
Itching is normal, it's healing.

Here are some common signs ONLY as an FYI -
Fever
Unusual or increasing pain
The incision is hot to the touch
A change in the size of the incision
A change in the odor of the discharge
A yellow or green discharge that is increasing
Redness or hardening of the surrounding area
Excessive bleeding that has soaked through the incision

You're doing great! Keep on chillin :ice: It's very early days.
@JoeKnows
 
Figured out how to resize pics for posting (I think). Here's the incision the day after surgery:
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] JoeKnows Recovery
    rsz_20180907_100133.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 256
I know it can generate some heat but I'd call and talk to someone on your OS's care team.
It will offer you reassurance and nothing beats peace of mind. I've heard of many who's OS
will let them send photos to look at. Possibly yours will.
Don't want you sitting around worrying and I'm sensing you're concerned.
@JoeKnows
 
Actually quite the opposite, I thought it was looking good! But my OS does use an app to check in, so I'll upload these just in case
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom