Job Challenges

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Bonesmart.org] Job Challenges

​
 
Don't worry about the implant - it's neither here nor there! You won't know the difference between that an any other once it's done!
 
So pleased about connecting with okie, he is a very good friend of mine from BoneSmart.. good to get some reassurance from him re work... Small world. @okie408:

Good luck!
 
Hey CJ, I was just checking in and saw that you found the site. I hope the surgery went well. Stryker was the name brand of both of my hip prosthesis. The people on here are a world of knowledge and a great support system. Stay up on your meds, use lots of ice, and take it easy. Feel free to call if you have questions or need some thing. I know you can get my number from work. Personally I just returned yesterday from a week of summer youth camp. We went canoeing, fishing, played volley ball and lots of other stuff. My feet were sore because I am not use to standing that long and I had a little bit of sore leg muscles but the hips never hurt. I got a lot of comments from people that saw me dragging around last year. I even picked my daughter up and carried her on my shoulder across the camp ground, Something I haven't done in 2 years. She is 15 now. Keep in touch. I will keep you in my prayers.
 
Something that might help when it comes time to go back to work is called a BackDefender. It is like an "h" harness and keeps the weight of the belt on your shoulders instead of your hips. I have tried to work without it and it doesnt feel right. I have promised to pass mine along when I retire to another night shift guy. They are kind of pricey though. I paid about $200 for it but it was money well spent.
 
i know not the same just had ltkr myself,but my brother a fireman had both ankles shattered and knee damaged going down the firepole in uk ,was off work 2 years both ankles had to rebuilt and knee,and returned to work was fireman till retired
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom