TKR Jkj’s Pre Op Journey

Jkj

Country
United States United States
I am new here and hoping to join the SUNBEAMS, what a great name!! June 17 TKR.. I am looking forward to getting this done and back to a normal walk again.. Anyone doing the Mako robotic surgery?

Ok, I am finally legit. I have surgery for TKR (R) scheduled for June 6th. I am nervous but I have to just do it!
Wishng you all the very Best..

@Jkj Hi and Welcome!

I started a pre op thread for you so you can ask questions here and interact with others as you prepare for surgery. We wish you the best!

Here’s some pre op information for you:

If you are at the stage where you have joint pain but don't know for sure if you are ready to have surgery, these links may help:
Score Chart: How bad is my arthritic knee?
Choosing a surgeon and a prosthesis
BMI Calculator - What to do if your surgeon says you're too heavy for joint replacement surgery
Longevity of implants and revisions: How long will my new joint last?

If you are at the stage where you are planning to have surgery but are looking for information so you can be better prepared for what is to come, take a look at these links:
Recovery Aids: A comprehensive list for hospital and home
Recliner Chairs: Things you need to know if buying one for your recovery
Pre-Op Interviews: What's involved?

And if you want to picture what your life might be like with a replaced knee, take a look at the posts and threads from other BoneSmarties provided in this link:
Stories of amazing knee recoveries

Yes, I had the robotic-assisted surgery- left TKR. I did a tiny bit of research and since that option was available in my city, I opted for it in hopes of optimum placement of the implants and an easier and faster recovery. I do think things are going well, and from the beginning I have had minimal swelling (from what I am told LOL, still felt like plenty of swelling to me!) Best of luck!

Hi Jkj I having a bilateral tkr on 30 June using Mako. Feeling nervous about having both done at the same time but keen to get it over and done. Heres to great recoveries for the Sunbeams

Hi there… How was your recovery going ? I’m scared to death, Just had a phone call from the hospital

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023
  • Celle
    MODERATOR EMERITIUS

Forum statistics

Threads