Guest viewing is limited

THR It's all over!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@lexi-mai WHAT? You took 100mg. tramadol hourly? That does not seem normal. @Josephine should help. Yikes! And 400mg. ibuprofen four hourly. You took 4 pills? Hope you get this sorted out and are in less pain. My husband was very patient too. Still is. I guess I owe him big time.
 
sorry to mislead...ElaineF...... tramadol 100mg every four hours and ibuprofen 400mg every four hours as well...truly hourly would have blown the brain!!! the pain seems not so bad at the mo...
we must keep going!!!:loll:
 
Glad to hear that. You scared me! Believe me, the pain gets less with time gone by. Hang in there!
 
tramadol 100mg every four hours and ibuprofen 400mg every four hours as well
@lexi-mai Glad to hear about the Tramadol but you shouldn't be taking ibuprofen ever 4 hours either! If you read the leaflet, the recommended dose is 2 tablets every 8 hours, so 1200mgs per 24hrs. Anyway, you'd find it much more effective if you took paracetamol with Tramadol instead. I worked out this routine for my first knee which worked well (no so well with the second knee) but you might give it a read

[Bonesmart.org] It's all over!!



And another thing it behoves me to caution you on is this paracetamol and NSAIDs, differences and dangers. NSAIDs can be dangerous.
 
Wow, I was definitely not doing what you are doing at one week. And with what seems to be such little pain medication. We all heal so differently. You certainly have come to the right place for the 'what do I do now?'' questions. I am at 5 1/2 weeks and still use the cane when I go out. I needed the oxycodone for 4 weeks. And still have many stiff and tight hours when I rest, elevate and ice. Learned here not to go too fast.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom