Guest viewing is limited

It's about time I fix them!! BTKR Aug 4th

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Crow22 My surgery is at 7:30 am - I have to be there at 6 am! I'm glad it's first thing in the morning!
 
@referee54 Exactly. Less waiting....less worrying......less time to be hungry.....and less time to miss my morning coffee!!
 
I know I was lucky and happy to be the first of the day. I had scheduled a few months out and was kind of rarin' to go. :)
 
@ljrfrm, good luck on your upcoming surgery! Just a few more days! Like you, I work in a school, so I know what it's like being on your feet all day. Although I'm in only one school, I go from classroom to classroom, one floor to another and from one end of the school to the other. I choose to have mine done last summer and it's the best thing I've ever done! I was getting to the point where I thought I'd have to retire at age 57, but now I know I have a few good years left! I look forward to reading about your successful surgery and recovery!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
I know after my first knee recovered I realized how much I had been dragging myself through the teaching day before.
 
@Lovestoread Thanks. It's great to hear that you're glad you had the surgery. It's hard to be running around and energized for the kids when you are in pain all day long. I'm really just so tired of this deep ache all the time.
 
Well, I had a scare today where I thought my surgery was going to be cancelled. The OS surgical assistant called and asked if I had time to talk. From the tone of her voice, it didn't sound good. My doctor was going to use the Tru-Match protocol, as it reduces surgical time on the table, thus reducing chances of complications. He likes to use this with his BTKR patients. This past April I had a 3-D CT scan of both knees, and the results were supposed to be sent to DePuy for them to create customized surgical guides for the surgery. Evidently, once I had the scans, they made a mistake and they were never sent off to the manufacturer. The OS office messed up and they have just been sitting there. If they send them off now, my surgery would have to be delayed for 4-6 weeks while waiting for the guides to arrive. Luckily, the doctor is willing to move forward without them - and they left it up to me whether I wanted to delay the surgery or move forward without the customized guides. So, I chose to move forward - he's comfortable doing it without them and I know many people don't have them and do fine. It is frustrating though. I didn't have a copay but I know that the CT scan wasn't cheap. A waste of time and money. I do like my OS (and their office) alot, and I know mistakes happen. At this point, I just don't want anything to stand in the way of my surgery. The lady who called told me she dreaded calling me because she felt so bad - I think she was relieved that I wasn't angrier. Hopefully nothing else will come up!
 
@ljrfrm I'm so sorry to hear of the mistake by your OS office, but glad that you are going a head with the surgery anyway. I don't have customized surgical guidelines, and I know my and your knees will be perfect!! I'm getting a little nervous, but know that this too is part of the process. I get my surgery time tomorrow, and will let you know. Take care have a great night as we count down to bionics!
 
@ljrfrm Sorry to hear about your customized implant getting cancelled. My husband has a plain old styker and is doing great!
 
Thanks @Crow22 and @tiredwife. I know I will be fine - I'm just a bit frustrated. But - as long as my surgery isn't cancelled or postponed, I will be fine. I can't imagine waiting any longer for this!!
 
Sorry about you not getting the customized guides. But as you said surgeons do it without all the time. Maybe the CT won't be a total loss and can still be a reference for your OS.
 
Sorry about you not getting the customized guides. But as you said surgeons do it without all the time. Maybe the CT won't be a total loss and can still be a reference for your OS.

Thanks @kneeper !!! It's helpful to know how often it's done without - and I'm sure I'll be fine. The CT scan actually saw a cyst I didn't know I had so it's not a total loss. It's non-urgent, so I'll follow up with it at some point in the future.

Today I feel like I'm getting a cold. I swear this surgery can't come soon enough!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom