Hip Arthroscopy Is there life after THR & Arthroscopy? You Betcha!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't worry, Jo is one of the most gentle souls you would ever have the pleasure of knowing.. She is my life long friend :)
 
I'm joking Poppet... It's easy to see from her posts that she really does care and has everyone's best interests in the forefront.

I'm just worried that my spelling is going to be hammered!! :heehee:
 
Nah! I post on my iPad and I have auto correct turned off and still it works... I am always editing my spelling :)
 
Hi Meggzie,

I have merged your recovery threads into this one, this is your primary thread.

We prefer to keep your recovery journey in the one thread for context.

[Bonesmart.org] Is there life after THR & Arthroscopy? You Betcha!!
​


​
​
 
Hi Jojool Wow!! Four horses!! Where do you find the time?? I have my hands full with my one big pony!

And Rah Rah I think you are being absolutely sensible not riding before you feel ready! I know just what you mean about riding in so much pain you weren't sure you'd make it back. It got like that for me too.

I cried and cried the day I admitted defeat, had the farrier take the pony's shoes off and turned him out into the paddock because I just couldn't do it anymore! It's easier now that that weather is cold and rainy, I dont mind not riding in feral weather so much...but when we have the odd fine day, it kills me to not be riding in the sunshine. For now I have to be content with grooming and generally spoiling the big fella.

I'm looking forward to hearing about how you are both going - we mad horsey types have to stick together, right?:yes:
 
Meggzie, we have had lots of members return to riding... And you will .. Nite, nite
 
Hi Meggzie, I see your question about arthroscopy versus THR is still open. I am not an expert on this but from what we see here on the forum many times arthroscopy is very temporary - if a solution at all. Sounds like your OS already has concerns about it. Of course you need to wait and see about the MRI results but sounds like you may soon have a matched set of shiny new hips!
 
Meggzie I love your avatar. I have loved horses since I could walk. The love hasn't always been returned - bitten, kicked in the sternum - but the love continues. :wink: right now all I ride is iron horses. But admire those of you who ride well!
 
Hi Meggzie, sounds like you may soon have a matched set of shiny new hips!

Oh dear lord I hope not!!! :beg: One has been enough for now - but I guess what will be, will be. I know there are many recipients of BTHR here, but I hope they're not too offended when I say I'd really rather not join their ranks!!
 
Shadow09 Yep they are beautiful and I love them dearly too! I never was around horses as a kid - even though I was mad about them. We couldnt afford lessons or a pony - so I had to wait til my mid-30's when I could self-fund my passion. Fortunately, I've never been bitten or kicked, but I think that, like you, I'd just keep loving them all the same!
 
Well, I'm a rather pragmatic kind of person and I tend to think these things are what they are. We can't change anything so why worry? Your chap sounds like he knows what's what so leave it to him and let him do the worrying! That's what he's paid for.

As for the spelling, you either know your words well or have a very efficient spell checker! :wink:
 
Thanks Josephine Intellectually, I know you are absolutely right - it will be what it will be, and my chap is very good, etc, etc. All I need to do now is find the "off" button for my worry circuitry! Just wish I knew how :shrug:

I had a great morning today. Out of bed at 6.30am, into to car and down to the stables to give the pony his breakfast and turn him out into the paddock for the day. It was a balmy minus 2.6 degrees Celsius (about 27F) and the world was all sparkly - early morning sunshine on frost...stunning! It's my favourite part of the day - its soooo pretty, and my pony's warm breath on my face when he cuddles me is just gorgeous!! It's funny, this great big horse (all 700kg of him), who's registered name is...drumroll please.....Savage Striker (gawd!! what were they thinking???) is the biggest cuddle pot on the planet. He reminds me of a great dane dog who thinks its a lapdog :puppysmooze:

I'm thrilled that I have the strength and mobility this soon after surgery (5.5wks) to be able to be this independent. I'm off to PT today and to see the doctor who has been in charge of my convalescence leave from work. I am hoping that following the green light from the OS, that the work doctor will let me start back at work next week...even if it's for reduced hours/days, that would be awesome! I'm starting to climb the walls a bit - but so saying, I also love my little nanna nap in the afternoons.....I'll update you later today!
 
I got the all clear from the doc to go back to work from Monday :happydance: It will be half days for two weeks, so I'll still be able to get my nanna naps in!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Is there life after THR & Arthroscopy? You Betcha!!


Good that you are going back part time.. Just be mindful of energy drain, that is what seems to affect most of us when we return to work.. certainly hit me.. Can you take ice packs to work? They also helped a lot :)
 
Poppet I think the doc probably would have sent me back straight to full time, until I mentioned that I was still needing nanna naps most days...I think he worried that the arvo nap might co-incide with the commute home, so decided that half days might be a better idea :)

I have been very lucky and really havent had any significant swelling or pain that has needed icing since about week 3. If I find that the stress of being at work creates those issues, there is a lovely big fridge with a freezer very close to my desk, so I should be all set :ok:
 
A victory today!!!:dancy: I put my shoes and socks on all by myself today - no reacher, shoehorn or sock aid required!!! YAY!!

I've been managing undies and trousers without the reacher for a week or so, so now I can dress aid free!!
It's such an everyday mundane kind of thing - and I am so STOKED I can do it all by myself...I'm a big girl now - must be time for a drink to celebrate :martini: !!

I also had my left hip MRI this afternoon. Cant change what will show up on the scan and cant see the OS till at least mid-August. I'm not going to waste energy on catastrophising (is that even a word???:what:) and worrying about what it will all mean. Just going to keep celebrating the recovery milestones of the right hip!! :yes!:
 
Yah.... That is a big milestone.. Well done :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom