TKR Introducing myself deciding if I should get TKR

figured I could do it before my surgery otherwise I would of have to take it couple days after my surgery didn’t think it was good idea
Yes, good choice. Since you've had other surgeries, you know that it is very common to suffer from a kind of "brain fog" during the first couple of weeks post-op between clearing the anesthesia and the side effects of the pain meds.
 
figured I could do it before my surgery otherwise I would of have to take it couple days after my surgery didn’t think it was good idea
Yes, good choice. Since you've had other surgeries, you know that it is very common to suffer from a kind of "brain fog" during the first couple of weeks post-op between clearing the anesthesia and the side effects of the pain meds.
Yes I start classes September 6 with any luck if I can register for online classes in time. My boss asked if there was any other day I could take it I said I didn’t think after my surgery would be ideal thing to do. He said ok you can have the day off. Lol
 
Two more weeks until my surgery. Busy week I have my Pre Anesthesia appointment Wednesday at 8 am. It said on the paper to have care coach to come to the appointment so I messaged my friend to see if he could come but he has to work early. My fault for not telling him sooner. So I called and ask if it was okay to come by myself. They said it was fine.
Friday I have my preOp appointment with my primary. I am getting nervous.
I am trying to get things done before the surgery. Friday after my appointment I am going with my friend to do laundry and have lunch I am also planning on getting new sheets for my bed. I am trying to get things together before my surgery.
I am nervous but excited. My back doctor is worried about my balance but I think my balance issues are because of my knees.
 
@jth6578 We all experience that last-minute anxiety as the surgery date closes in. It's absolutely normal to feel that one. Focus on all the things you will be able to do again once you get to the other side!
 
Had the pre anesthesia appointment today. It went good. They went over everything with me. I met with PT and he went over things with me. He said because I have stairs I will probably have to stay overnight in the hospital. He said I sound very determined. I told him whoever gets me for PT I will probably be great patient because I am very determined. He agreed.
They gave me pre surgery ensure to drink the night before and day of. Since my surgery is a Monday they will be calling the Friday before my surgery.
 
I just got my Covid test and grab a bite to eat before I have coffee with some friends and go do my errands for my surgery. I was eating and it hit me how scared I really am and I started crying. I am excited for getting back to normal and not needing my walker anymore but it is major surgery. I am so scared by the what if’s. What if I still have to walk with walker what if I get worse. I trying to stay positive. I am really excited.
I just to rant for second and get it out and I feel better.
 
I remember this stage. One minute you are excited that the day is finally coming. The next minute you are paralysed by fear.

Complications from this surgery are extremely rare. Stay positive - keep your eye on the prize. This surgery will give you your life back. No more knee pain!

You are nearly there! And we will be with you all the way!
 
Thank you Jaycey. I think I am getting anxious because I am waiting for them to call me today for what time my surgery is on Monday. And I have things to take care of before Monday. My friend who taking my surgery is talking about going to work after he takes to the hospital because I have to spend the night in the hospital and my anxiety is starting to act up because that is what happens when I can’t control a situation. But I have learned to control my anxiety and go with the flow but is nerve racking right now.
I know it will be okay and it will work out okay. I just have work out the negativity
 
Got the phone call about 1:30 I have to be at the hospital for 6am on Monday. I feel a little better now that I know. My friend made me feel better she reminded me him how much I have been through already this will be easy compared to that. I even ordered a funny shirt to wear at PT. Feeling better now.
I did register for classes yesterday. Both on line classes fundamentals of business and introduction to sociology I start September 6. Really excited.
 
I was glad I had an early report time too. There will be a bunch of pre-op stuff once you're there, but at least you're not waiting at home for hours :bored:before you can get going.
 
I had to scramble and find another ride because my friend thought it wouldn’t be so early. It was my ex boyfriend so it was blessing because verified my thoughts about it.:sigh: My friend I should of originally ask in the first place is going to take me and pick me up the next day.

Marie- yes I am just not really looking forward to waking up at 3am to take another shower but I know I will be glad when it is over.
Kneeper- yes I know there is a lot of preop stuff to do. Hurry up and wait.
 
All the best tomorrow @jth6578 ! Hope all goes well with your getting to and from the hospital.
 
Good luck tomorrow! I am just now reading your thread. I am 44 (surgery @43) 5 months out from TKR and it is by far THE BEST decision I could have made. Just go slow and don’t push and you will recover well! Sending you prayers for a perfect surgery and a speedy recovery.
-S
 
Best of luck tomorrow! See you on the other side! :flwrysmile:
 
Thanks just doing last minute things have another special drink to drink tonight. I have to pack and make sure my phone and iPad is changed and make my bed and take shower and go to bed. Going try and sleep. Then I am waking up for 3am so can drink my last special drink for surgery and take a shower and maybe take my dog out before I leave. My friend is coming at 5:30 for me. My roommate is going feed and take care of the dog for me.
 
I am waiting for surgery they noticed red mark on my left foot waiting for Dr to look at it to make sure I can do surgery. I am having surgery on my right knee but they are still want the doctor to check it praying it is okay
 
Last edited:
I had the surgery it went good I did walk a little. They had not given me my meds so it real hurt when I got up. But they give me my meds before PT so I did really good with that. I took about 10 steps. I had few of my friends up to visit. They said I might have stay couple extra nights.
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom