Mojo333
Former BoneSmart Staff Member
Great to see your update
and glad you are sharing your recovery advice and encouragement.

I bet!
Your recovery seems to be much like mine and the tightness hangs around for a while but gets better and better with time.
I am 5 years post bilateral THR and am so grateful for it.
Life without hip pain is So Sweet.
and glad you are sharing your recovery advice and encouragement.I think it freaked him out a little when I hinged over with straight legs and planted my palms on the floor in front of my feet... lol

I bet!Your recovery seems to be much like mine and the tightness hangs around for a while but gets better and better with time.
I love, love this succinct explanation from your doctor and will be bookmarking it for future reference.We discussed how that with healthy hips we're working to loosen them up but with artificial hips we want to do the opposite and we need to be careful as we've lost the nerves that help us to judge how far we're pushing that hip. Basically strengthen the muscles and soft tissue to prevent the affected hip(s) from being loose and dislocating. Apparently excessive external rotation coupled with hyper-extension of the hip joint will be a surefire dislocation with the anterior approach
I am 5 years post bilateral THR and am so grateful for it.
Life without hip pain is So Sweet.
United States



