THR I'm home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the update:

I saw my surgeon this afternoon and after lots of questions, checking back my notes and my X-rays, he still does not know why this has happened. He's really concerned as he could see the pain I was in so he has had me measured for a brace which I've to get on Monday. I need to wear it 24/7 for 6 weeks then see him again. It will support my leg and inhibit certain movements, hopefully allowing me to move around more easily and build some muscle around me joint.

He has assured me that he will 'fix' this, one way or another, and has warned me that he may need to re-do the surgery, but I'm not thinking of that at the moment.

I'm glad that I am now slowly moving towards recovery again but I'm dreading the discomfort of a brace for 6 weeks. Beyond that, it's too much to think about.
 
Glad you got to see the doctor. Don't blame you for not wanting to think about a revision at this point. If you do have to have one, it might be best for you to see a different surgeon, one who specializes in revisions, for a second opinion and even to do the surgery. That's what I did.

Regarding the brace, I am going to have one after my surgery. It will limit movements, too, although I'm not sure yet how much support I will get from it. Not much, I am guessing. I am trying to think of the brace as my buddy, my personal trainer, who is constantly reminding me of what is safe to do and keeping me from making dangerous moves. I don't think it will be physically uncomfortable to wear it. Hope it will be the same for you.
 
I'm praying this is just a blip in the road to a full recovery and you will NOT need a revision. Does icing help with the pain at all?
 
I agree with Cynthia. I hope that this is just a blip and you will be well on your way to your normal activities before you know it!
 
What an unfortunate turn of events in your recovery. Hopefully, the brace will insure that you will continue healing without another incident. Take care.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom