Guest viewing is limited

PKR I'm Here.... PKR left lateral complete!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The seahawks!
@mcirish @icep707

Seahawks are the greatest defense to come along in many years. And what a work ethic. During the summer they had to kick Russell Wilson out of the practice center and tell him to take a vacation. So he and several from the defensive and offensive lines turned up in So. California near a beach with the families and spent a couple weeks practicing there.

Might see them in So Cal again this summer icep707. And now that Percy Harvin is healthy, it's a young team with only a few free agents, expecting a repeat performance. Ah, but don't get me started. Yep! Wouldn't bet against them!

What a great trip mcirish! And those city blocks are gigantic. It's a good 10 minute walk usually just to get to the door of a casino; so kudos to you for making it to pick up your winnings and back; that's quite a hike.
 
@1ELISEA .... so just curious if you are a Seahawk fan??? lol I love it when women know their football. Thanks, yes it was a very good road trip, glad I survived. 6 weeks post op today. Feeling and looking good. Starting to really come around. I can actually feel a kneecap now!!! More importantly I can tell that my energy and endurance is starting to reach a level close to where it was pre-surg.! Very pleased by this. Been doing more and more bike work and sets of light leg presses. But I know that I can only do as much as my knee allows me to do. Just feeling very optimistic. Thanks for dropping in elisea.
 
I've found that I can walk a mile any day or everyday here at the farm but going to the store or walking in town on concrete wears me and the knees out. Helped the Ice Sherpa yesterday with a gigantic tree we're sawing up for firewood--I get to do the toting, which is a pretty straightforward whole body workout--the only dicey part being manuevering through and over all the little whippy downed branches since they like to try to trip you when you have too big an armload of wood and are overbalanced. Ice might be in order today. The right knee was protesting during the toting, the left is a bit stiff this morning.

@mcirish I really think that 6-8 weeks is when life becomes liveable again--just recently I've had a few nights of sleep more like what I was used to before the knees got bad--head hits the pillow and I'm out for 7-9 hours. That of course makes the energy level so much better.

Shocked, shocked, to hear that alcohol interferes with healing :yikes: ! I want medical references on that factoid! Remember I gave up opiates at day 3 postop because it was making my beer taste funny!
 
wait? you can feel your kneecap in there?! I'm TOTALLY jealous! I'm still lugging around a cantaloupe-ish looking thing.... keep up the great work!
 
Yes, they have such a great backstory, have great depth, and young players.
And I like Skittles.
@1elisha haha that was a rhetorical question. From the sound of it youare practically an insider! I guess i am a fan now. They remind me of the Dallas Cowboys team of the mid-1990s..just young and hungry....and extremely talented. They also made a nice profit for me! One of my boss' friends' brother flew dwn from Seattle to be there. The two brothers got totally decked out in Seahawk gear and they had an extra Earl Thomas jersey for me to wear. After the game they just gave it to me as a gift! I mean it was literally one of the gameday jerseys, not a cheapy.....I was so humbled and thrilled, had to wear it to work the next day.
 
I can tell that my energy and endurance is starting to reach a level close to where it was pre-surg.

How goes the healing Mcirish!
You have another week post recovery, feeling even better than last week? :)
 
@1ELISEA oh hello! Yes, feeling strong. Went to the gym today for the first time since I had the surgery. i got the OK from the PT. Duped most of my therapy exercises and had no problems. Really the only thing that has been holding me back is my lack of energy and endurance....well not the only thing but def a big factor. Getting ready for bed and i am tired but not like I was 4-5 weeks post op. Feeling pretty close to pre surg status now. Just need to keep myself under control and pace myself...thanks for asking. Hows every little thing with you? Gotta run. Let's keep icep707 in our thoughts and prayers. Tomorrow is his big day.
 
@jeano ....wow, I think Mother Nature has it in for the South! Possible severe ice storms and freezing??? Isn't Atlanta supposed to be nicknamed "Hotlanta"??? lol. Please take care and be careful. Let us all know how you are doing.
 
Hatches are battened, firewood is stacked, jerrycans filled. We may be camping indoors for a few days--when power goes out we dont have running water, and of course no lights or central heat. But the woodstove will keep us comfortable and the cooktop is gas and we have battery lanterns and such, and can flush toilets with a bucket filled from the pond. Will post only if the lights stay on!
 
HOLD ON !!Just a minute. 49ers went up to the most hostile stadium on the planet and almost won. Should of won !. Its surreal , like a bad dream. Being a lifelong, diehard San Francisco fan I have accumulated a few rivals(HATE). Like the Dodgers , however Seattle is a different story, Arguably the 2 best teams in the same division. I really like their team. Great talent. Non of my friends even heard of bonesmart so I can say that without retribution. Arg! Arg! Arg!. Its gonna be a tremendous rivalry for years to come.. MY 2 CENTS !!!!
 
HOLD ON !!Just a minute. 49ers went up to the most hostile stadium on the planet and almost won. Should of won !. Its surreal , like a bad dream. Being a lifelong, diehard San Francisco fan I have accumulated a few rivals(HATE). Like the Dodgers , however Seattle is a different story, Arguably the 2 best teams in the same division. I really like their team. Great talent. Non of my friends even heard of bonesmart so I can say that without retribution. Arg! Arg! Arg!. Its gonna be a tremendous rivalry for years to come.. MY 2 CENTS !!!!
That was actually the real Super Bowl (SEA v. SF), no doubt. I would wager some nickels that they will go at it in the DC next season as well.
 
@jeano .....wow...broken link removed: https://www.foxnews.com/weather/2014/02/12/millions-in-south-brace-for-potentially-catastrophic-winter-storm/

"In an early Wednesday memo, the National Weather Service called the storm "an event of historical proportions."

It continued: "Catastrophic ... crippling ... paralyzing ... choose your adjective."

Is it really this bad jeano??? I guess the power is still on where you are since you were responding. Hopefully all of your furry family members are okay. Thoughts and prayers babe.
 
Actually had a genuine setback today however. I took our dog Charles out to do his morning business today and my daughter started calling me from the 2nd floor window. My view was being blocked by a tree so I walked down the sidewalk a few feet to get a clear view of her and I was looking up/not looking where my feet were moving and my good leg slipped off the edge of the walk. Rolled the ankle a bit and the natural reaction was to use my left leg (gimpy leg) to regain my balance which caused me to compress the joint quiet suddenly and with some force as I was trying to support my full weight on my gimpy leg, maybe at 45 deg. or so.......did not really hurt at first, but suspected that the pain might come. I just went about my business and went to work...but it started to ache pretty good on the drive over so I am icing, elevating here at work. Took some Advil and a Tylenol as well....still have that toothache pain, probably a 4-5 at rest, but nothing different as far as the type of pain I have been having or or sig. more severe than normal....whew! Think I dodged a bullet there.
 
Another mishap. Last night my 26 mo. old daughter kind of flopped on my leg as I was laying on my side reading her a story. In doing so she kind of fell/slid forward off a small pillow chair, slid about 1 foot with her knees bent at 90 deg. and accidentally drove her knee into my operated knee joint on the lateral side with the point of her knee cap. She is just a little thing, only weighs about 30-35 lbs, but the placement of the blow could not have been more perfect!:gaah:Leg was extended, knee completely exposed. It did not hurt that much initially, but within about 5 mins I had a dull ache level 2-3. Ice seemed to make it worse, but I did not want to stop icing. Took some Advil and norco. Had some trouble getting to sleep, but not bad. Has been okay today. Only hurts when the leg is in a certain position, while weight bearing. Mostly dull, but on occasion a sharp pain will hit me, about level 3-4....good sign is that there was no abnormal swelling, just the usual.

Did I dodge one or should I be worried at all??? What would a traumatic loosening feel/look like? Signs and symptoms, etc. It SEEMS like it is popping or clicking more, but I think I may be imagining it as I am a little concerned.

@Josephine sorry, had to summon you to get your take since you are the most experienced of us.
 
I'm no Josephine, but guess is that it will be sore for a few days and you're right to take pain meds, ice and give it some tlc.
 
RETURN OF THE MACK !!! Da da da . Lucky charms !!! Whats happening. Heck we might need to put a helmet on you!. For Christ sakes becareful. All the diligent work you have done. Hey ! Question. When you are feeling real good , are you walking with a limp ? Noticeable? No limp? Cane. When did you first notice the clicking sound ? Overall are you happy with your progresss ? Best wishes. 10 days tomorrow. !! I go to OS
 
@icep707 big diesel what's happening? how is my walking now? With a slight limp since my 35 lbs. little girl took me out lol. Actually, I haven't used any assist in about 4-5 weeks I think. I can walk without a limp right now, but I have to really try to maintain perfect form or else my knee buckles here and there. It's that dumb quad thing that is holding me back a little. will just take some extra time until I get back to normal. Yes, overall, definitely happy. Leg is just straighter, I can feel it believe it or not and the joint just feels more solid. Sorry I have not been around too much lately. Having to pick up the pace at work, training a new guy. Read over your thread a bit, you are doing great man! Lots of well wishers too, like the Elvis of TKR patients lol. Seriously man, just happy for you. Believe it or not your life just got better, you just have to get through the first 2-3 weeks and your recovery will start accelerating...a little :).....unlike an ACL surg your progress is measured in weeks and months, not days. I have definitely learned to be more humble and patient that's for sure. But time will go by quicker than you think. Sounds weird, but it's true.
 
I'm no Josephine, but guess is that it will be sore for a few days and you're right to take pain meds, ice and give it some tlc.
:friends:thank you. I actually feel better now. I think i was just overreacting to the whole incident, but I am just so paranoid about damaging the cement....
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom