If I am this nervous now....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there beckylou another Kiwi, how did I miss you. :)

So normal to have Pre op nerves and anxiety. The 20th is still a few days away, what I found the day or so before was a sense of calm and peace and the continuous thought... Lets just get on with this!

Hopefully that is how it will be for you. :)
 
beckylou unfortunately you can't control what's going through your mind at 3:00 am. But what sharonslp suggested was good, come here and see what others are doing or what they have done during the day. I am post surgery for both of my hips and I have been having sleepless nights so here I am. Obviously I'm not worried about an upcoming surgery, and I didn't worry about either of my surgeries. I knew I couldn't live with so much pain and on here I knew everyone had such good success after surgery, I believed them. As my surgery date approached I actually got excited. We were preparing for my recovery and getting all the equipment we thought I would need and getting the house all set up. Me and my husband didn't know what to expect after surgery. I again relied on the good folks here and their stories and because of that we were prepared and everything went very well. My last surgery was 4 weeks ago, I still have a ways to go before I will be able to do everything like before but I see improvement all the time.
 
I have had my 2 hips replaced as I walked into the hospital all the fear left me, the pain before to no pain, that is all you should be thinking of, 13 weeks post op life begins PAIN FREE
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom