TKR I year anniversary

@dmichael21 Looks like you are doing VERY well! I was my own worst enemy during recovery. I would push to hard, my knee would push back harder!!!:headbang: I went back to work after week 5, might have been to soon, but I was able to drive and felt guilty not working... I noticed the biggest improvement after week 10. The swelling was gone, I was starting to feel normal again.
You mentioned you rode Motocross, Do you still ride? do you plan on riding dirt after recovery?
 
I definitely plan on being back to just fun riding, not competing or maybe a couple Vet Nationals a year. I use a CTI knee braces on both knees and have never hurt my knee while wearing these fine braces .I just slowly cleared my driveway With my snow blower in low gear

and knee hurt but didn’t swell anymore but I took a hot bath and now I’m retired for the day to light stretch and 2 football games. I have 4 friends that have had double TKR and single ones and all were able to return to Moto Cross and trail riding with great results. I plan on returning to work on Feb,3rd if all goes well.

[Bonesmart.org] I year anniversary
 
Today I saw my OS and Dr Mark seemed very happy with my progress and showed total sympathy for what all of us go through,also had a great PT this morning and learned some good technique on exercises that I was cheating on. Decided not to take anymore Tremedol and ice and elevate instead and it’s Friday so Im gonna exercise other parts of me and give my knee a rest.

[Bonesmart.org] I year anniversary
 
Hello!

I had my left knee done on Dec. 6th so we're at about the same stage of recovery. I've made some mistakes of late overdoing... that's how I found this forum...

Three weeks ago my PT got more aggressive and my knee didn't cope well, having massive swell events... I have just decided to lay off PT and let this baby do it's thing. Walking and Daily activities only. I think this forum is correct in taking it easy!

How are you doing these days? Did you continue "working" it or take it more easy?
Would love to know since we're both at the same stage!
 
Defo Michael not got stairs in my house and sometimes I wish I had as I feel it helps, get upstairs ok but feel like a five year old coming down.
 
In my case I have taken off rehab for a day or so and I have major stiffness and when I get up my knee will lock for a painfull moment and that is after elevating and icing and on the other hand when I keep busy and exercise my knee feels better. We are all different when it comes to rehab. I’m about to do my last PT because I can do a lot at home and save money in the co payment at the same time.
 
Week 7 is here and I played with ate stairs and did some yard work picking up sticks and using my romantic fire pit , more than likely gonna do my own PT at home with all I have learned at outpatient. I’m doing floor slides and very little stretching but I’m trying to build my quad muscle by pushing a soccer ball under my knee and lifting my foot only a couple inches off the floor and I’m doing push ups and sit ups to help my core, back is sore from recliner. Denny 39 makes good good sense and He wrote me a detailed message and yes he has me figured out. I will admit I’m impatient and want to get back to work and my hobbies and my knee is boss and I listen to it
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Week 7 is here and I played with ate stairs and did some yard work picking up sticks and using my romantic fire pit , more than likely gonna do my own PT at home with all I have learned at outpatient. I’m doing floor slides and very little stretching but I’m trying to build my quad muscle by pushing a soccer ball under my knee and lifting my foot only a couple inches off the floor and I’m doing push ups and sit ups to help my core, back is sore from recliner. Denny 39 makes good good sense and He wrote me a detailed message and yes he has me figured out. I will admit I’m impatient and want to get back to work and my hobbies and my knee is boss and I listen to it

I'm sorry, @dmichael21 ,
While trying to resize the photo, I accidentally deleted your last post.

I was able to restore the post, but not the image.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
[Bonesmart.org] I year anniversary Adding a 5pound ankle weight to Standing Knee flexion exercise going smooth, no strain at all but when I lay flat in my back I can’t even as much as have a sneaker on. That’s my toughest exercise. My quad muscle has been relocated and throws off all my mechanics.
 
Beautifully BaldThat is a sight for soar eyes, better in the summer with tan.
 
Adding a 5pound ankle weight to Standing Knee flexion exercise
It is really, really early to be adding weights to your knee. We suggest that adding weights be held off until 3-4 months out of surgery. This allows more inside the knee healing to occur before stressing it. Be sure and listen to your knee!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
The weight was only for the one exercise and was not any stress on my knee. I’m now able to lay flat in my back and lift my left leg with a lot more control, that was my hardest accomplishment to date .
 
Last edited:
@dmichael21
You'll notice that I have merged your newest thread with your original recovery thread. For several reasons, we prefer that you only have one recovery thread:
  • That way, we have all your information in one place. This makes it easier to go back and review your history before providing advice.
  • If you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts and advice others have left for you in the old threads, and some information may be unnecessarily repeated
  • Having only one thread will act as a diary of your progress that you can look back on.
So please post any updates, questions or concerns about your recovery here. If you prefer a different thread title, just post what you want and we'll get it changed for you.
If you need an urgent response to a question, just tag a member of staff.
How to tag another member; how to answer when someone tags you

Here are the instructions on finding your thread, How can I find my threads and posts? . Many members bookmark their thread, so they can find it when they log on.
 
Oh my giddy aunt at first glance I thought what the heck has he done to that knee:rotfl:
Sorry if that was a bit rude didnt realise at first it was your head :heehee:

That is hilarious!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
I am sorry for my earlier comment, but in my defence it was in the middle of the night, laying on side with glasses squiffe, of course in real light and well adjusted glasses I can see at first glance it is your head,
Love your Labrador looks like my old boy ,, by the way you are doing amazingly :-)
 
Back
Top Bottom