I work in a medical office, should I worry about flu?

@crispy Will have you on my mind this week.
Wishing you all the best!:angel:
 
Thanks @Mojo333 . I am running the gamut of emotions from minute to minute but mostly just wanting this done. Some good news; We finally completed the set up for the house including replacing the couch with an old recliner we had in the bedroom and I sat in it yesterday instead of the couch and OH MY GOODNESS! What a difference in pain level and mobility. Usually by the end of the day I am weeping on the inside from pain and barely able to move. It's great I just wish I had done it earlier.
 
I felt exactly the same about my recliner..still do. It's a hand me down also but something about the pressure points lying flat, not sure.
I still love mine at 9 months out.
One day, I will get a brand new one.
I feel like it was the easiest way to keep legs elevated.
 
Last edited:
Hi @crispy
Hope you're doing well today.
You'll soon have surgery behind you. You're going to feel so relieved.
I'm excited for you, it's going to be good!
Prayers for comfort and peace as you wait out these last couple days.
 
I actually slept in lift chair a few nights before my first surgery. I was getting desperate for sleep. The way the hip feels today, I may end up there tonight.

Short time now @crispy -getting ready to walk in to recovery!
 
@crispy you're nearly there (tomorrow in my world).....lots of luck, hope you are calm and collected (:umm:) and all goes well. Will look for you on the other side :yay:
 
:ice:See you on the other side!
 
just found out I'm to be at the hospital at 11:30 tomorrow which was not what I wanted to hear :sigh:. NPO after midnight means that I'm not going to get a sip of water until well into the day. on the other hand I feel like maybe I will be in the hospital less as they try to only keep you for one night. I know it sound super silly and small in the scheme of things but it's really freaking me out that i cant drink water. I'm a huge water guzzler:boohoo:
 
Crispy,
Call and ask to talk to the anesthesiologist, some will allow you water up to 4 hours before surgery.
 
Best wishes to you and your surgeon tomorrow! We'll be thinking about you and waiting to hear from you when you feel up to it!
 
It's going to be all right...you can do it. Swish some in your mouth and wet your whistle.
It will be behind you very soon.
:loveshwr:
 
How quickly I am over it! I am now into all the positives, more time for preparations etc . I am so excited, scared, a little bit weepy and almost a bit delirious. The relief the recliner gave the first day was actually me just having a good day and the nasty pain has clamped back on. I just cant wait to get to the other side!:egypdance:
 
@crispy may be a few thousand miles away but I am with you on this know how you feel just showered trying to get some sleep its12.40 here not expecting much sleep though need to be up about 5.30. I was told ok to have sips of water up to 2 hours before admission to hospital. All feels a bit surreal now. Will all be worth it .
 
You’ll handle it @crispy. You and Martin are going to do well. Going without water will be worth getting rid of the pain.
 
Best of luck to you @crispy
Fear, excitement, a few tears....all normal!
I'm happy for you because in 24 hrs surgery will be behind you.
Let the healing begin.....You're going to do great!
 
Thinking of you now @crispy. I look forward to hearing about your recovery when you are ready to post again. And, I might add that I like be my recliner that I used after my THR. It has been given a name by our grandson...“ “Chairy”. You will be so glad you have one.
 
@crispy another new hippie friend being sorted today! Wishing you all the luck with your surgery today. See you on the other side soon
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Back
Top Bottom