THR I need a new hip GRRR

Hi I notice my thread is labeled revision THR. But it isn't. It's my first thr, I have 2 TKRs already.

I'm so sorry to read this, @Campervan. I think you were wise to stop that exercise and give things a chance to settle down.

Have you tried icing and elevating to reduce the swelling? You might want to take anti-inflammatory medication like ibuprofen or naproxen for a few days to help.

I've also lost ROM in both knees and they look swollen although not massively. They're definitely weak as I struggle to get up off chair and toilet. Also can't put my feet on breakfast bar stool footrest but I usually can.
I'm very sorry to hear that. I have knee replacements as well and the more I walk with a terrible gait due to the hip, the more my knees ache. I am hoping it will all sort out when I can walk properly again. I hope recovery is quick.

Thanks all. I iced and elevated for about 20 minutes every couple of hours for the past two days. Today everything is much better. The bakers cyst at the back of my left knee is still there but isn't bothering me now.

My hubbie has had a really bad cold, cough, sore throat for the past week and is still quite sick. So far I've managed to avoid catching it. But today I can feel a tickle in my throat so dosing up on Vitamin C, lots of water, paracetemol and prayers. My hip surgery is just over 3 weeks away - if I do go down with his bugs is my surgery potentially going to get cancelled?

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JWS
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom