Guest viewing is limited

THR I made it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, I'm right there with you. It's definitely frustrating. I can tell my body (and attitude) go downhill by the end of the day. I just keep falling back on the opening line from one of my favorite Grateful Dead songs (Uncle John's Band): "Well, the first days are the hardest days, don't you worry anymore." Maybe Garcia had hip replacement before they wrote the song. Hang in there, we'll be looking great in a couple weeks!
 
@r30kk I am glad you are doing so well!
It's good to hear these good reports like yours.
And, your positive attitude is a plus. :)
How is your pain in terms of levels, and what do you take, when?
 
@karisa7174 Its great you are learning to let people help. And to understand they want to help. Thank you for the kind words and good luck in your recovery!

@BigDave Great song by the way! Its great you can look at it that way! Stay strong and keep it up!


@MajorHeidi Thank you for the kind words. My pain hasnt been bad. Highest since I have been home is a 5. The doctor has me on 1000 mg Tylenol every 8 hours. One 200 mg Tramadol once daily, Two 200 mg Celebrex for ten days. 5 mg of oxycodone when needed every 4 to 6 hours. I have been limiting the oxy to once or twice a day whenever possible. I hope soon to not be taking it at all. Talk soon and good luck!
 
Hi there @r30kk, still early days to be considering reducing your pain meds. We don't won't you suffering breakthrough pain, 5 on a scale of 10 is still relatively high considering you have undergone major surgery :)
 
@r30kk sounds like you are off to an awesome start! Remember to be patient with your progress. We don't want to push ourselves and have a setback. I am at Day 6 and can feel myself getting stronger and doing a little more every day. Continued success!
 
@r30kk,,hows it going..??.I hope my post finds you comfortable and pain free..Where are you in PA...I'm in pa to...a Hip buddy in PA lol:SUNsmile:
 
Good job on recovery!!. I feel the same way and struggle having my husband do things. But he is bringing meals to me, puts lotion on my feet, gets things for me when I am settled with ice and elevation, but I do everything that I can when I get up and walk about. Independence is so hard to give up.
I agree with comment on pain meds, I don't let my pain go beyond 2-3. 5 is too much.
 
@Poppet I have listened to you that I shouldn't skimp on my pain meds. My PT says the same. I need to be comfortable and not push too hard. I have cut back on the activity a little too. My PT gave me more exercises but said to limit the trips downstairs. One day at a time.
 
@r30kk, sounds like a good plan.. There will come a time when your body indicates it doesn't require the pain meds.. Check out my article on Healing Time Frames again, it really does let you know what is happening not only under the incision, but also throughout your body :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom