Guest viewing is limited

THR I fell after 3months Hip replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I'm doing pretty good. No more swelling, taking only Tylenol and hardly any at that, still using walker, but only 3 weeks post op on Monday, so not worried. Am having some trouble sleeping, but will move back into our bed soon, as have been sleeping in the recliner. I think I have restless leg syndrome, although I know nothing about it, I'll have to look it up. Just a feeling like I always have to move my leg, it's quite annoying. Energy drain also, but 2 surgeries within 6 months has been hard on this old body of mine! I was so happy to hear you are feeling better! All in all, I feel really quite good, I especially like the fact that I am hardly taking any medication anymore, I hated ingesting all those chemicals for the last 2 years, but they were necessary. Please post your progress, I am following you!!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi Debra, Glad to hear the swelling has gone down. Yes, two surgeries within six months is a lot. Your energy will come back. The body is smart. It knows when it needs to rest. Congratulations on getting off the meds. I've heard from other friends that Tylenol really worked for them, too.

I didn't get your update until today, it accidentally went into my spam folder. Thanks for reading my thread. Hope all's well...
 
@CSrighthip how are you doing? I doing good. Using cane in the house now. No pain meds, yay! Just an occasional Tylenol. Hope you are making good progress!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Sorry, CSrighthip. I got mixed up. I thought I was on Debra's recovery thread. Glad to hear you are doing better. Yes, after two weeks, things are much easier. (Well, for most of us...most of the time.) Glad you are icing...
 
I fell in the bathroom and did a split :heehee: is was not funny when it happen,,, I was so scared all I could think of is my hip,,, is out of socket so I sat there for a second got up and I was fine no pain then what I was already having ... but the next day I was so sore everywhere I call my doctor he ask me few question and said I was fine. Thank goodness I could not do all this over again. I am not back at work yet I still have soreness in my joint inner thigh. I'm so ready for this to be over...:bored::bored::bored::bored:
 
Sounds like you need to go back to Rest, Ice, Elevate, and Medicate as prescribed. Falls and other minor injuries are frustrating, and they set us back, :tantrum: , just when we thought we were doing better.:sorry:
Hope you hip settles down soon.
 
So sorry to hear about your fall, but thankfully you don't seem to have hurt yourself too badly. You will hurt because you forced your soft tissues to go places they didn't want to go quite yet! But it will mend. Just take a few steps backward and rest, ice and take something for any pain. You'll be right back to where you were in no time.

You may notice that I've merged this latest thread in with your original recovery thread. We like to keep each member's recovery story in a single thread so that we can more easily go back and read all you you've experienced before commenting or offering advice and support. So please post future updates and questions here. If you decide you would like a different thread title, just post what you want and we'll get it changed for you.
 
Hello @CSrighthip
Sorry to hear of your fall. It is such a shock, that moment when you are doing a double take checking out what has happened. I feel like I am the "expert" on falls. Five months after my hip op I fell down two stairs, broke my foot, tore ligament, more surgery, metal plates and screws and that saga continues. BUT what was amazing, like you, my hip was all right. I felt very protective of my hip after the fall and found that I cared more about what happened to my hip than my foot. I felt that the fall reinforced my relationship with my replaced hip which became my wonderful hip. Every cloud has a silver lining?

Hope your stiffness goes and that you are not left feeling too worried about dislocations. All the best.
 
Hello to my twin! I also had my right hip replaced on Oct. 5, but I took my fall before my replacement. I'm so sad to hear of your recent fall, but am so glad your hip is okay! Pain is something very personal and some folks get over it quickly, others have pain for a long time. You've been given great advice about icing, elevation, taking your pain meds, etc. We should keep up with each other on our progress! Blessings to you.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom