Guest viewing is limited

I am a November Nimble now!

mamato2

junior member
Joined
Sep 14, 2018
Messages
29
Age
53
Location
Illinois
Gender
Female
Country
United States United States
Got my left TKR scheduled for November 19! I go tomorrow for lab work, EKG, and MRI.
Let the count down begin! :yahoo:
 
Congratulations, mamato2! Here's some forward reading for you

Knee Recovery: The Guidelines
1. Don’t worry: Your body will heal all by itself. Relax, let it, don't try and hurry it, don’t worry about any symptoms now, they are almost certainly temporary
2. Control discomfort:
rest
elevate
ice
take your pain meds by prescription schedule (not when pain starts!)
don't overwork.​
3. Do what you want to do BUT
a. If it hurts, don't do it and don't allow anyone - especially a physical therapist - to do it to you
b. If your leg swells more or gets stiffer in the 24 hours after doing it, don't do it again.​
4. PT or exercise can be useful BUT take note of these
5. At week 4 and after you should follow this

The Recovery articles:
The importance of managing pain after a TKR and the pain chart
Swollen and stiff knee: what causes it?

Energy drain for TKRs

Elevation is the key

Ice to control pain and swelling

Heel slides and how to do them properly

Chart representation of TKR recovery

Healing: how long does it take?

Post op blues is a reality - be prepared for it
Sleep deprivation is pretty much inevitable - but what causes it?

There are also some cautionary articles here
Myth busting: no pain, no gain
Myth busting: the "window of opportunity" in TKR
Myth busting: on getting addicted to pain meds


We try to keep the forum a positive and safe place for our members to talk about their questions or concerns and to report successes with their joint replacement surgery. While members may create as many threads as they like in a majority of BoneSmart's forums, we ask that each member have only one recovery thread. This policy makes it easier to go back and review history before providing advice.
 
Oh my gosh! I was hoping to make a friend to travel this journey with. I would love to be recovery buddies.
 
It will be nice to have a buddy. I have been reading SusieShoes' and jBoles' recovery threads. They are so encouraging!
 
I have read Susieshoe’s and just enjoyed it so much. So encouraging. I need to find jBoles. I just have to figure how to find it, lol.
 
Oh thank you. I did find it and that is another awesome one. So nice to read happy endings.
 
It's very encouraging. I had my right hip replaced at the end of January 2014 and that went well. I'm hoping the knee will go well too. I know it will be different and maybe harder. It comforts me to read successful journeys!
 
Would you want me to private message you my email address so we could get to know each other a bit better, or are you just comfortable sticking with the boards? Either is great!
 
I'm fine on the boards! I get so much good out of reading everyone's posts maybe someone will get something out of our convo. What is your first name? Mine is Chris (obviously!!) LOL
 
Ok that’s great. I just saw we need to keep it bone related but hey, that’s what we are here for, lol. My name is Joni.
 
I just saw we need to keep it bone related but hey, that’s what we are here for, lol.

Chances are you'll be talking about knees a lot anyway. Just throw a "knee" in here and there and no one will kick you off the island. :snork: If you've read my thread, you've seen people talking about, well, nearly everything!
 
I'll just be a week ahead of you two @mamato2 and @grandma chris - on the 13th -- this is my second rodeo so hopefully I'll be less stressed this time around. Looking forward to recovering with everyone.
 
Ohhh, that's so soon!! I'll be on the high seas on the 13th. Going on a cruise just before the surgery. I get back on the 18th surgery on the 20th! I'll be looking forward to your recovery thread.
 
Awesome kmak81230. Another friend to journey with. Keep us updated!
 
Corgilover, that is sneaking up here. Can’t wait to hear good things of how it went.
 
Back
Top Bottom