Bilateral TKR Hurrah, BTKR done!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My scars have been getting wider and irregularly shaped. I'll try and upload pictures. Also, they seem to be hypertrophic. Anyway, has anyone else had their scars get wider and go from being a straight line to looking like a crooked unevenly shaped long scar?
Also, an update is in order. Today is the two month anniversary of my new knees! I'm doing fine. Still going to outpatient therapy and doing aqua exercises on my own. I love being in the water and it is so much easier to exercise in the water that I tend to over do it and my knees hurt the next day. The pool will be closing when school starts on the 26th so I am trying to take advantage of it almost daily. I am currently in an evenly divided love/hate relationship with my knees but that is an improvement and I know the relationship will continue to improve over the next few months. Thanks for all the advice and help and support that has been extended. Big hugs to everyone!
P.S. Was not able to upload a picture of my scar-got error messages.
 
Your incision will change in the months ahead so try not to get concerned about the way it looks at this point. With my two knees, the scar did appear wider (and somewhat reddish) as it healed and flattened. But after a couple of years it has faded and is now not particularly noticeable unless someone really looks at my knees. Remember that you are still very early in this recovery process.
 
Yes, I agree with Jamie---at one point I was quite worried about my scar, but then it really almost disappeared. I have lots of other things to worry about now!!!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Hurrah, BTKR done!!
@Layla290, You may notice that I have merged your two threads. We like to keep our members' recovery posts all in a single thread. That way it's easy for us to go back and read your history before responding to a question or concern. In addition, the thread becomes a journal of your recovery for those who come along later and want to read about you. So, please post in this thread from now on when you want to give an update or ask a question. If you want to be sure you get an immediate response to a question or concern, just tag an admin, a mod, or a member (or all three).

If you decide you'd like a different thread title at any point, you can change it using the Thread Tools button at the top right of the page or just post what you want here and we'll get it changed for you. THANKS!


If you are having a problem locating your thread, here is a link with how to do it: How can I find my threads and posts?
 
Congratulations on 2 months! Time in the water sounds good.
 
Congratulations. I would be interested in your progress. I hope you are doing well and hang in there.
 
Hi Layla, you about two weeks ahead of me in the BTKR sweepstakes. I too am very interested in following your progress. I think we all like to know where others are in this journey. Though we all know not to judge our recovery by anyone else's it is nevertheless good to know how others are coping with some very common problems peculiar to our surgery. Good luck and smooth sailing in the weeks and months ahead, now that we're through it the only thing to do is keep moving forward.
 
Has anyone used a flexinator? My OS suggested it. The company called me today and is going to call me on again on Monday. I googled it to find out more about it but I am not sure about giving it a try.
 
Why is your OS recommending this device? What is your Range of Motion?
Seems you could do most of what it does with heel slides?
Good luck in your search for answers.
@Josephine may be able to help you with this decision.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Hurrah, BTKR done!!
@Layla290, I have merged your two threads for the second time.

We like to keep our members' recovery posts all in a single thread. That way it's easy for us to go back and read your history before responding to a question or concern. In addition, the thread becomes a journal of your recovery for those who come along later and want to read about you. So, please post in this thread from now on when you want to give an update or ask a question. If you feel you need an immediate response, please tag an admin, a mod, or other members or all three.

If you decide you'd like a different thread title at any point, you can change it using the Thread Tools button at the top right of the page or just post what you want here and we'll get it changed for you. THANKS!


If you are having a problem locating your thread, here is a link with how to do it: How can I find my threads and posts?
 
I read the help section and read all the information to try to figure out how to post so that the new post is in my thread but still do not quite understand how to do that. Should I being going to my thread and then typing in the posting and then clicking on post reply that is on the right lower section or should I being doing something else? I read something about clicking on my name or picture which then takes me to my thread but the only place I can type is in the box for posting replies. Is that what I should be doing? Sorry I am having a hard time understanding how to make new postings under my thread unless the Post Reply box at the end of my thread is what I should be using.
 
My ROM is about 105 on right and 110 on left. The flexinator was suggested as a way to increase my ROM because I am having a hard time bending my knees any further using heel slides, etc.The machine would do the bending and I could gradually increase the bend. I need more ROM to do gardening and other activities that I like to do.
 
If I post using the Post Reply box, how would anyone know that I was asking about a flexinator (or asking about another issue) without reading my whole thread since it is labeled "Hurrah, BTKR done!"? Can or do I change the title of my thread when I have a new question? Sorry, that I am not sufficiently computer literate to figure this out even after having read the help sections.
 
People will read your thread and notice your question. Discussions flow onto all kinds of recovery topics within someone's thread. You can change your thread title but it's not necessary. Also people get used to looking for someone's thread by it's title too, so sometimes it's good to keep the same one if it's not too specific.

And yes, just start typing in the reply box at the bottom of your thread to post.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom