How much did your hip/knee replacement cost you after the insurance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Five weeks of lost income = :censored:. Surgeon = $5,500 ( he has opted out of Medicare). Private room extra fee = $600. Have not received any other bills yet. Pain free hip = PRICELESS. :yes!:
 
I am on Medicare and have supplemental insurance from my former employer. The Medicare negotiated prices totaled about $9,500 for hospital (one night private room), anesthesia, surgeon, implant, pre-op exams, and the first two post-op exams. Physical therapy was an extra cost but fully covered by Medicare. My out of pocket came to about $550. Most surgeons here in Tucson honor Medicare prices. I would not go to a surgeon that opted out of Medicare.
 
Wow, I am really looking forward to Medicare...... :heehee:
My payments are just way too high!
 
Wow - am I glad I live in the UK! People complain about the National Health Service here, they don't know how lucky they are!
Anne
 
How true Nannyannie! I so feel for everyone having all those costs! We do moan about the NHS but we have none of those fees to negotiate. I even got all the OS stuff free too.... Grabber, perching stool, trolley, walker, crutches! I've tried to give the equipment back too... They won't take them as it costs to much to sterilise??????? Crazy... X


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
First hip was $37'500 and my out of pocket was $750. I am very, very fortunate to be a state of North Dakota employee because our legislators decided to pay our health insurance premiums.
 
My wife is a college professor at a small school, but they have excellent health coverage (which we contribute to, but not so much). So my friends at Oxford paid 100% of both surgeries.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom