Sorry Jamie, your correct I was quite busy listening to everything he was saying. I'll try to fill in the blanks.
Yes I now have uncemented implants. He was explaining that the bone grows into the implant - forming something like a glue to hold it. That was what I was meaning. Sorry for the confusion.
My original TKR was Oct 2013. Revision May 2017, Revision #2 Feb 2019. This next one will be Sept 2019.
My first was done by Dr. Tsay, Southlake, TX. The others have been done by Dr. Robert Schmidt, Ft. Worth, TX. (His practice, Texas Hip and Knee) is listed here on BS. He is known for his thoroughness and revisions. I guess as with all 'good' physicians he is difficult to get into. He has to review your past surgeries, etc before he'll accept you as a patient. I really like him, his beside manner is wonderful and his PA is almost as good as he is.
My original TKR the top component became loose, thus the revision. The next was because of instability, not necessarily loose, but not tight and a smaller spacer was used. This upcoming one is because instability and looseness of both components. The bottom on the medial side and the top at the top of the long post.
As an aside, I'm a KS girl, born and raised in central KS. Both hubby and I are KSU graduates.
Hope I answered your questions.