Guest viewing is limited

THR Hipster48 in recovery

Anyone have any problems with incision? Mines itching and has a rash. I think wearing jeans last week irritated it. Doctor said to take Zyrtec and an over counter cortisone cream. Driving me crazy now! Any other suggestions?
 
Doc gave same advice I would, except I like Benadryl for itching. They also make a Benadryl cream. Maybe with jeans for a bit put a gauze bandage just for padding?
 
Hi @Hipster48 - if your jeans aren't too snug, maybe something smooth underneath might help.....stretchy bike pants, or even men's satin boxers (that's what I'm planning to try, in the hopes they won't aggravate the wound when it's my turn)
 
Gracious..mine are sensitive but not itchy so much. Of course my recovery was summertime so soft shorts and sundresses were my go to. I still get out of my jeans into sweats or softies asap.
Might have to revert to fleece something's.
All temporary...good luck.
 
I would avoid wearing anything that causes friction.
The only thing I ever put on my incision is Palmers Cocoa Butter with Vitamin E...
but I never had itching either. Hope it eases soon.
Warm wishes for a good week and no itching!
@Hipster48
 
Thank you for the advice. I’ll try all. I don’t have fleece but gives me an excuse to do some shopping for myself! This itching is bothersome
 
Back
Top Bottom