Guest viewing is limited

THR Hipster2016 is on the other side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! What an amazing recovery so far @Hipster2016!
Thank you for posting such a detailed recovery report (it's so helpful)! I just wanted to squeeze your "little guy" when I read how he told you to take your time and be careful! God love him! Prayers and hugs sent to you tonight. :prayer:
 
Thanks @Cynthia777! All prayers gratefully accepted!! My little one has been great, although he has his moments - he likes to move my walking stick when I sit down, and when he gets angry over bedtime he threatens to hit my bad leg. Sigh. He just turned 5 and I know so much of this is scary for him. (Me too!)

Had a huge and sudden bout of dizziness tonight. Came out of nowhere, not in relation to any meds, food, lack of food, or anything I can figure out. Tried a bit of candy in case low blood sugar, water....nothing seemed to help. It finally passed after about 45 minutes. Weird. So your prayers and hugs are timely, and I send them back to you as well!!
 
@Hipster2016 hi, I saw your above post and am in awe how you're managing all this with a 5 year old on hand.
What a precious age, yet also challenging when you are not feeling able to be "up" or understanding on their Level.
Looks like you had your surgery about a week after mine.....I had dizzy spells pretty frequently on and off at weird times until just the past 2 days or so. I find that when I manage my nutrition and have adequate protein, lots of liquid with electrolytes: like fruit and vegie smoothies, before having the pain medications....the dizzy spells are less frequent. Not sure what meds you re on but my low dose oxy condene, and celebrex all have warnings regarding dizziness. Hope this next week goes well for you......Im finding that I feel liek I notice a healing and renewal of strength increasing every 3 days or so....but if I do too much or dont sleep well and try to get through a day without sufficient down time it sets me back the 3-4 days I thought Id gained! Best to you ....I so miss having a 5 year old to read to or watch cartoons with:reading:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Hipster2016 This is so exciting to hear! You have so much to balance, physically, especially with your little one! I'm sure you will all come away from this journey so bonded and have a wonderful Spring to play together again! I wish you only continued success!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@TerryCloth
As you keep us updated on your recovery, PLEASE do include your "Little Guy" stories. I've been getting such a kick out of them! He sounds like such a precious child. I just sent up more prayers for you dear sister...you've got he best advocate there is on your side! :angel:
 
@geneva and @TerryCloth, thanks for your responses. Time goes by so fast, doesn't it? I am so thankful I will be able to run and play with my little guy soon.

Thanks for the advice on the dizziness - always good to know I am not alone. I did have a fairly light dinner, so maybe that was it. I love smoothies, and I love them even more when hubby makes them for me. :)

As you are a week ahead of me, I look forward to hearing your experiences. This early in, I still feel like I am making advances every day. The nights are still uncomfortable, but last night I was only up once, and then had a solid 5 hours more - amazing what a good night of sleep can do for you!
 
AWWWW...how sweet. He sure does love his mommy, doesn't he? And it's got to be so comforting to you.
 
Another anecdote about my little guy, for those of you worried about your little ones helping out post-op: My husband went to the cinema last night, a much needed break from his house chores. As we got ready for bed, my little guy asked me how I was going to get in bed without daddy there to help me. I told him I would manage okay until daddy got home. He then took me by the hand and walked me to the bed, helped me get my leg in, propped up a pillow between my legs, and covered me with my favorite, soft blanket, just like he sees my hubby do each night. Then he gave me a good night kiss. Such a sweetheart! (Now of course he was calling for ME to get out of bed five minutes later to bring him a glass of water NOW MOMMY, but still a sweetie nonethess.:heehee:
 
OMG, is he adorable or what!!!! One minute he's the "little man" and two minutes later he's the ever so cell-centered five year old! I sure do miss those days when my precious daughter was little! Savor every moment (I wish I had)! I SO look forward to your "little guy" stories!

Is your second week going much easier than your first week? It seems most notice quite a difference in how they feel week two. Hope you're experiencing the same thing! :-)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom