Guest viewing is limited

THR Hippymimi<<

Recovery from rthr on 3/9 going well. Muscles still tight and slightly sore, but it is getting better every day. Have started walking my little 9# furry friend, or I should say she walks me. (-: My question now is I have a sore area across my left thigh. It's right below the crease at the top of my thigh and only hurts when moved a certain way. Walking does not hurt. Am hoping it's muscular and mechanical, due to the surgery on the right side. I appreciate any input! Forgot to mention, am driving and walking without assistance.
 
Sounds Like you doing grand.
@Josephine has a Thingy (chart) where you can pinpoint the spot where the pain is. She Might Pop it up on your thread. I wonder though is it possibly just muscle pain from your good leg being overworked for the past few weeks.
Joe......
 
Thanks for reply Joe. I am really thinking it's probably from overuse, I just don't want any more problems (-:
 
@Hippymimi you will notice that I have merged your two threads together as we prefer that members in recovery only have one thread.

This is for three reasons
1. if you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts others have left you in the old threads
2. it often ends up that information is unnecessarily repeated
3. it's best if we can keep all your recovery story in one place so it's easily accessed if necessary
 
And here is the chart where you can indicate the site of your pain

[Bonesmart.org] Hippymimi<<
[Bonesmart.org] Hippymimi<<
 
Thanks Josephine! My discomfort is located in area L2F. V. I appreciate your input.
 
Ok - got that. Now I know I've given you these questions before but I would like you to go through them again with specific emphasis on Q6.

It would be very helpful if you would answer each one individually - numbered as I have done - in as much detail as you can then I'll come back as see where you are

1. what are your pain levels right now? (remember the 1-10 scale: 1 = no pain and 10 = the worst you can imagine)

2. what pain medications have you been prescribed, how much are you taking (in mg please) and how often?

3. are you icing your painful area at all? If so, how often and for how long?

4. are you elevating your leg. If so how often and for how long?

5. what is your activity level? What do you do in the way of housework, cooking, cleaning, shopping, etc., and

6. are you doing any exercises at home? If so what and how often?
This is the most crucial question so please help me by using the format I have left as an example
(which means please make a list and not an essay!)

Exercises done at home
- how many sessions you do each day
- enter exercise by name then number of repetitions of each
etc., etc.

Anything done at PT
- how many times a week
- enter exercise by name then number of repetitions of each
etc., etc.
 
Here you are. (-:
1. O-1
2. Tylenol arthritis strength 2- bid
3. Icing 3-4 x/day. 45-60 minutes4.
4.elevating with icing
5. Light housework, some cooking
6.walking is my only exercise other t h an gentle stretching biweekky with PT
Thanks for your help!
 
Basically gentle hamstring stretches, msnually and standing on an incline. The discomfort I amconcerned with is on unoperated though, area L2F. V. Really feels muscular. Also, I think I saw on an earlier post you were not sure what H & H is. It's an abbreviation for hemoglobin and hematocrit.
 
Thanks for your reply. No, I have not had an xray of my left leg. I will speak with my OS about it at my next visit.
 
Will b e 12 weeks out on Thursday, and feeling great. We just returned from a vacation to see the grandkids in South Carolina, and I almost forgot that I was still recovering from hip replacement. With that being said, I was walking my little tripod schnauzer this morning, tripped on an uneven sidewalk, and took a little tumble. Luckily I did not fall on my hip, but it was still quite a jolt.My whole body is sore tonight, so am icing and took some Tylenol. Was j u st wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience.
 
Careful.
Looks like you got away with the fall.
I wouldn't make a habit of it though.
Your still early days.
Well done so far.
Joe....
 
Yes, not something I want to repeat. Am sore, but hip feels fine. Am thankful I didn't break my wrist when I caught myself. Hope your recovery is going well.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom