hip replacement revision surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to be at hospital at 7am on 2nd July
This is good news! Sounds like you are second on the list. Be sure and let staff know you are anxious. They will do everything they can to help you stay calm. I even had a heated blanket pre-op RTHR - lovely!
 
@Cynthia777 that's ok, not long left for you now. Are you all organised and ready for it? I wish mine was in 2 days, I really want to get back to normal. Well, as normal as I can be! :heehee::dancy:
 
@hayleybell63
I'm pretty sure I'm so organized and have purchased every known recovery item known to mankind! Now all I need is a surgery date! Lol! If I decide to forego my vacation, we may be having surgery within days of one another. I know that feeling...once you decide to go for it, it's time to go! :-)
 
Good luck on your revision! I am on the other end of a revision after having a temporary hip with antibiotic packed in the implant. Once the infection was gone~ I had the revision a month ago tomorrow ~ I am on a cane and doing small chores at home. Fatigue and swelling are my reminders to slow down! My goal is to return to my job by August 4 for the new school year!
 
@Cynthia777 hopefully you will know next week when you are going in, I would be having mine done in a couple of weeks but we had already booked a holiday for 12th June to Portugal. I will be able to top up my tan while I recover, if this awful weather we are having lets up!! :blackcloud:
@Sullivand glad to hear your revision went well, I am quite nervous as I know what to expect and also as I have been told the recovery can be worse than the original op. So you think 3 months is the recovery for you this time, I cant wait to get back to work, I have been off since last August. Its been a long haul to get it sorted. :hairpulling:
:bawl::bored::old:
 
@Cynthia777 Thankyou, I fully intend to. It will be just the boost I need to prepare me for surgery and hopefully can forget about it for a week. :chillpill:
 
@hayleybell63
I am so sorry to hear you have been off work since Aug! My OS thinks expecting to go back to work in 3 months is reasonable. My progress is slow because the first implant was no weight bearing and my muscles have atrophied over the past 5 months. Ugh! I am only 1 month out from the revision. The PT thinks I will walk without cane in the next 3 weeks~ fingers are crossed! I keep wanting to " work through" the pain but OS says Don't! I need to heal and pain means stop! It's not like a workout in the healthy lose weight and tighten muscles kind of way!! Hard for me to do as I was always busy and fit! Strep knocked me down big time!! Enjoy your holiday!
 
@Cynthia777 just wondering how you got on at your appointment. Do your surgeon give you a date? :thumb:
 
@hayleybell63
Hi Hayley! Thank you so much for asking! I posted an update on my thread, "My journey in finding the right surgeon". I think you will be surprised when you read about my trip to surgeon #5! :yes!: (Maybe)
 
Only three more sleeps until surgery, got everything in place. Bed downstairs, raised toilet seat, wheelchair and kitchen reorganised. Getting jittery and nervous, but can't wait to have this done. Going in at 7am Thursday 2nd. :bolt::flabber::good-bad:
 
@Sullivand thank you for your kind words, I will post again when I know what time I am going down and then start a recovery thread on the other side. I hope your recovery is going to plan and you are able to return to work when you want to. :ok::thumb:
 
Hi Haley! Well, the big day is almost here and as always, you sound very upbeat and positive. I think your pisitive attitude will help get you through recovery a lot easier. You are in my thoughts and prayers and I'm looking forward to your EASY recovery!!!! God bless! :angel:
 
Well guys and gals today is the day, just about to leave for the hospital. When I phoned yesterday they told me I am first down so not a long wait when I get there. See you all on the other side x
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom