THR Hip replacement March 22

@Layla
Thanks for your ongoing support and encouragement.

I think that you are correct about the soft tissue, ligaments and tendons being pulled about during surgery plus of course I did damage to those when I fell. No arthritis in the knee as it was replaced nearly three years ago.
Also I am still nervous about tripping and falling as was horrified by how much damage I did in March when I fell, so that is contributing to not walking in a normal striding-out way.
 
Good morning Indigo. Yes, I think for those of us that had a hip replacement due to a fall that’s always in back of our minds. I’m hyper aware of my surroundings now at all times.
And I take no chances.
That being said my life & activities are back to where they were prior to my fall. I can walk long distances, hike, clean my house by myself, even back to washing my floors on my hands & knees!
Give yourself some grace and your confidence will return.
One day at a time.
 
Thank you, Indigo, supporting you has been my pleasure.
It's certainly understandable that tripping / falling is in the forefront of your mind after what you experienced. Frightening thought for sure and not something you shake off easily. It will likely take some time to feel more secure in your stride. You're more aware of your surroundings now, so try to trust that your confidence will slowly return.

I can see some spots in the corners that really need to be cleaned and the mop just doesn't do well on the corners. There's nothing like a hand washed floor.
I used to agree....but I gave up washing the floor on my knees years ago, and truly got over the feeling that it was the only way to do an adequate job. There are so many options now days in tools and attachments and my steam mop has become a beloved tool of mine. No products necessary, only water. After two hip replacements, you've earned the right to take better care of yourself, than your floors. :wink:
At least that's the way I'm viewing it.:thumb:

Happy weekend to both of you!
 
I can see some spots in the corners that really need to be cleaned
No they don't -- at least not right now. Your recovery takes priority and the floors can wait.

Please be good to yourself!
 
@IndigoKnee That frustrating word “patience” always comes home to roost. As I also came to find out, not just with my THR but other joints as well, the soft tissue healing and recovery are the slowest. All of mine continued (and currently, continue) to improve month by month and well into the first and even second years. Was I debilitated all that time? No, but I noticed small but definite improvements as my body relearned and gained confidence in itself again. Best wishes going forward.
 
Back
Top Bottom