THR Hip number 2

Hi there :wave:
Thanks for updating. Happy to hear you're thriving.
May it only get better and better.
Enjoy the weekend! :SUNsmile:
@51desoto
 
Happy Two Month Anniversary @51desoto
I hope you're doing well.
Leave us an update next time you stop by. We'd love to hear about your progress over the past month.
Best wishes as you continue healing.
 
I was thinking I should post an update after two weeks. Even though each person and each procedure are unique, I looked back at my first THR from 6 years ago to see if I was having similar luck. Both were anterior surgeries, but the second prosthesis is a little shorter than the first. Even though I am now 6 years older, this recovery has been faster. The first couple of weeks weren't fun with the constipation, sluggishness, swelling, poor sleep. But it is all worth it. I used the walker for about a week and a cane for the first month, until I could walk a mile without it. At two months, I'm still going to PT 3 times a week and doing exercises at home on the other days. I am living my normal life, for the most part, and will play golf next week for the first time. I think I'm pretty lucky, because things don't always go so smoothly. There is still soreness on the left side of my leg, that kind of numb but sore thing. If I do too much, I need to ice the leg, but no pain meds. I am a believer in doing PT, as I have said recently, but everyone needs to do what seems best for them. I hope this helps others who are in the early stages and wonder if it is worth the effort and pain.
 
Great update...thanks!
It's awesome when you feel your second recovery is better than the first. You're lucky.
Let us know how golf goes for you next week. Would love to hear.
Enjoy the weekend!
@51desoto
 
It sounds like you're a pretty active guy and doing very well but it's good that you are still icing. Golf next week sounds like a lot to me at 8 weeks so make sure you do keep that ice handy for afterwards! :ice:
 
Happy Three Month Anniversary!
Hope all is well. We'd love to hear how you're doing.
Leave an update next time you're on the forum if you care to share your progress.
Happy Spring :flwrysmile:
@51desoto
 
Back
Top Bottom