THR Hip hip hooray - Jane's new hip story!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Jane,

I hope the physio is helping and that you are getting answers to your questions and problems!!

Take care,
Cardie
 
Ooh that physio and massage sounds great.... Hope this sorts your pain out soon.....it's been far too long... Good news though that it's not bone related.....take care... Chrissie xxx


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
I went for my second physio session on Tuesday and I think it is really helping. The massage that he does hurts while he's doing it but seems to release the knots. I'm trying to be good about doing the exercises and hopefully it will get better soon.

Thanks for the comments!

Jane
 
Two year anniversary!

It's two years yesterday that I had my left hip replaced. Two years on, my hip is not perfect, I don't have the same range of movement that I had before and I'm not completely pain free but it's much better than before I had it done. Not sure if it will improve any more after all this time but it's still pretty good to be able to walk long distances without any issues.

Hope everyone else's recovery is going well!

Jane
 
@JaneyGS Thanks for stopping by. Yes, you will continue to gain ROM. As you continue to add new activities things will get easier. I too am still working on ROM from my first THR.
 
Hi @JaneyGS nice to hear from you again and I am so pleased that you have seen some improvements since your last post even if you still have some pain.I am in the same boat as you as I still get discomfort in my upper thigh but I am managing to do yoga, Pilates and longer walks.May I ask you if you still have massages ?
 
Happy 2 Year Anniversary, @JaneyGS
Glad to know that you are doing well!!

Take care,
Cardie
 
How nice to hear from you and to know you're doing okay. It is still possible to get more range of motion as time goes by. Gentle progressive exercise and stretching should help you.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom