Guest viewing is limited

Hip dislocated year after thr.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Audball I am sorry to hear that you dislocated a year after surgery. I recently had both hips done 3 days ago and I worry about dislocation all the time now. But, I thought this was only something I had to worry about the first 6 weeks. I do hope you get some answers and keep us posted. I hope you get to feeling better.
 
Hi there @Audball - definitely get to see your OS for his expert opinion. I would want reassurance from him that it is not going to happen in the future.

My OS didn't want to see me for many years.. But I force the issue, get new x-rays and pop along to see him. I want to know how my RTHR is faring and the level of deterioration with my left... Don't take no for an answer hon! xx
 
Thanks poppet...I was going to phone OS secretary next week as I'm not supposed to get a checkup for four years.
 
@Audball I love your sense of humor! You were not suppose to get a check up for 4 years? I thought most surgeons wanted to see their patients once a year. I know mine does. Let us know what you find out.
 
I think if you look OK...they think, must be fine. Lol. X ray at the time showed that at some point I must have broken my kneecap, but a different doctor.( who deals with knees said I just have a funny shaped kneecap! Try phsio. Lol
 
@Audball I had my 12 month visit and the PA told me I was done with that hip, only come back if I need to! But you have a very good reason to push the issue, for sure. I think you will be very successful at that, and I want to hear the results, too! Too bad about those skates, but they'll come back out, you don't foor me. That or there will be a fence in your face....:wink:
 
Oh my, bless your heart, dislocation after a year. Hoping that some answers come your way and that your OS can figure out what that grinding is. I have read that dislocation is possible and constantly stay in hopes that it never happens to me, I am such a big baby I would probably pass out from the kind of pain that you and others have said you experienced.
 
Hi, @Audball ... I remember you from back in the day (always loved your name & avatar and humor) and am really so sorry you dislocated your hip. How freaking scary. I hope you get some answers other than "the X-rays looked just fine." They do love those X-rays, don't they. I'm glad you are back on bonesmart for support and info as we all know this place fills in so many gaps. I hope your pain is being managed. Don't sneak out like you did after surgery! Take care and keep us posted on how you are, when you feel up to it.
 
It was the kind of pain that makes you want to bite someone. Pmsl

you should have bitten your husband ! Especially as he was taking photos of you lying on the floor sucking on gas and air with ambulance men tramping all over your garden - then posted them on facebook . Lol
When you phone his secretary, make sure you insist on an appointment with the actual surgeon too, otherwise you might end up getting palmed off with a sidekick.
 
Lol... He just took the pics. I'm sure they're on my fb. Lolol..... Just seems like a bad dream now. But I'm phoning to make sure they check my creaky joints out.
 
I agree with TeeEm, Aud you must see the man himself, put your foot down, as you deserve answers. I saw my surgeon in May for my 12 month check on my hips and he said I didn't need to see him again unless I had a problem. You need to talk to him, even if it's just to put your mind at rest.
I met a chap today who is in his 80s, he fell and broke his hip 5 weeks ago so had it replaced, he dislocated it yesterday. Today he was walking around up and down the stairs and it seemingly no pain whatsoever, I was amazed and impressed that he'd recovered so well at that age too!! :wow:
 
Hi Audball! So sorry to see you have dislocated, what a fright, not to mention the pain! :yikes: A reminder to me to be a bit more careful in what I do. Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better. Do let us know how you get on with the surgeon it does sound like something's going on there. Mine wants to see me in five years, unless there's any concerns.

Hi @designergirl , lovely to see you again, there seems to be quite a few early 2013s hanging about at the moment. Must be those one year birthdays. :)
 
@Audball Aud you need to put the skate wheels ON the zimmer frame! Then we will have a decorate-your-walker contest like a few people did last year, and you will win the disco ball and unlimited choice of songs, including telling the Hokey-Pokey to take a flying leap off a tall building!!:rotfl:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom