Guest viewing is limited

THR hip# 2 is in and functions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am doing most things by myself quite well. Had a tough time going to sleep last night. Muscle soreness from therapy was greater than I thought it would be. No painkillers taken yesterday until that hit last night. I am going to do my therapy earlier today and hope that helps. I took my first shower today and that was nice. The twenty seven staples come out Monday. They have not bothered me, the area is still rather numb. I always would prefer my surgeon use what he or she is most comfortable with and is still is considered a current practice.
 
Good comment @Duffer71 - yes, whatever the surgeon can do best!!! :iagree:

Sorry to hear about the not sleeping - me too last night, couldn't get comfy, forgot the cold wheatbag for my hot brain, half-way through a good book (now finished) - and not half the excuse you have! Did the painkillers kick in eventually?
 
I did my exercising earlier in the day and last night was much better, very few problems. I did lots of leg exercises for many months prior to the surgery and the soreness surprised me at first. Physical therapy person said the soreness comes from these muscles working so hard to make up for the damaged muscles from the process of surgery. As these damaged muscles come back to prior strength and take over their part, my soreness will greatly diminish. Two weeks anniversary tomorrow.
 
This is day 17 and things are fairly good. The only pain I experience is sore muscles from doing therapy. I take one painkiller at bedtime to handle that. I may try switching to Tylenol and see what happens. I am Using my walker in the house and then going outside to enjoy the warmth I use my crutches. I am on 50% weight bearing for another 14 days. Very anxious to ditch the walker. It may be time to get the guitar back out and try some strumming.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom